• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_Y

Reaction score

Pepper's 100% correct. Those are Stewarts. Part of AEs rough collection.
Stock laces for the Elgin. It's the same lace they use on the rush streets I believe.

Why can't I find Stewart or Elgin on AE's web site? Those are both fine looking shoes.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll say this again (and again) but if anyone can still find a Sanderson or Singleton (loafer) in his size on the Shoebank, he needs to snag them. Either one in walnut ("tan" on the Ralph Lauren website) is striking and the brown versions are very versitile, especially the Sanderson. Though few if any double soled LWB's would be considered "sleek," with its flat welt you could get away with wearing the brown version with a suit. Of course it's great with tons of odd jacket combos.

I've thought if somebody stole all my shoes and I had to have three to cover everything for work, I'd want a black captoe, a burgundy shell loafer, and a brown longwing that looked like the Sanderson.

kentyman

Reaction score
Not sure about the Stewart, but I believe the Elgin has be discontinued.

Anyone know how much AE for RL seconds go for normally through the Shoe Bank?

Last I saw either of those two models was through Lands End and Brooks Brothers, respectively, but they're both sold out. Note that the Stewart is a complete different makeup than those pictured.

sarteaga

Reaction score
I'll say this again (and again) but if anyone can still find a Sanderson or Singleton (loafer) in his size on the Shoebank, he needs to snag them. Either one in walnut ("tan" on the Ralph Lauren website) is striking and the brown versions are very versitile, especially the Sanderson. Though few if any double soled LWB's would be considered "sleek," with its flat welt you could get away with wearing the brown version with a suit. Of course it's great with tons of odd jacket combos.

I've thought if somebody stole all my shoes and I had to have three to cover everything for work, I'd want a black captoe, a burgundy shell loafer, and a brown longwing that looked like the Sanderson.

I second this in every way. I have both the walnut and brown calf pairs. I frankly regret not buying the snuff suede pair.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second this in every way. I have both the walnut and brown calf pairs. I frankly regret not buying the snuff suede pair.

I have both the Sandersons and Singletons in tan and in brown. I don't even like suede, but considered buying the suede ones just because I like the shoes that much.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why can't I find Stewart or Elgin on AE's web site? Those are both fine looking shoes.

Both are discontinued.
Last I saw either of those two models was through Lands End and Brooks Brothers, respectively, but they're both sold out. Note that the Stewart is a complete different makeup than those pictured.
They also came out with a navy suede Stewart I believe.

hp5273

Reaction score

+1

I have the RL Sanderson and Slaton models in suede. Looks like they're currently on sale too! (Edit: currently $235 vs $475)

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting ready for the game tomorrow. War Eagle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads