• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got this bad news from the J'Ville store:

As of October 23rd she was. Bummer, as she was my favorite.

Damn. With her and Kristle both gone, I have no reason to remain loyal to that store.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You mean for the Dundee? Isn't the MTO waiver only for the special colors in the selected styles?

The Dundee is one of those styles, and they will also include brown, burgundy, and black in the deal along with the rarer colors.

MKJ1

Reaction score

Damn. With her and Kristle both gone, I have no reason to remain loyal to that store.

I thought the same when Kristle left. However, the new manager contacted me last month regarding some shell stands I had been on the wait list on for about a year. She was great and mentioned they're down to only 2 people at that location. The folks at Freeport seem to be equally helpful in the few occasions I've dealt with them.
BTW, Kristle actually sent me a pic of the shell stands you have right now from her cell phone. Can't beat that kind of customer service.

kentyman

Reaction score
I was sent some shell Wolverine 1000 Mile 721 LTD seconds that Jill found for me. I sent this email today:

Quote:
Josh, the person who replied, rejected the idea of sending them in for repair, and instead thought I should just return them. Disappointing. Maybe I should contact general customer service and see?

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was sent some shell Wolverine 1000 Mile 721 LTD seconds that Jill found for me. I sent this email today:

Josh, the person who replied, rejected the idea of sending them in for repair, and instead thought I should just return them. Disappointing. Maybe I should contact general customer service and see?

Allen Edmonds covers allen edmonds branded Shoebank items with the same warranty as firsts,
except fixing the reason for them being seconds. :) (I believe that to be true, not positive)

Call AE directly - Josh is new, he will assumedly reach excellence soon enough but I would second guess this solution.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI - looks like the shoebank website has a stock photo of the Strand in Oxblood:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn.
That's nice.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the new First Avenue boot? I saw it lurking in the back of this picture:

And then found the description:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF1193_1_40000000001_-1_1193

It says "Online Only". And last 201, which appears to be only this boot.

I've been hoping for a captoe boot from AE. But this one seems a little caught between dress and casual with the red pull tab. wondering what this looks like in person. But I wish they would do a straight classic version.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the first ave and if I didn't have a gazillion shoes and boots on pre-order, gmto and mto, I might do a mto natural cxl or an oxblood lower and suede upper or a chamois or a ....ugh

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the first ave and if I didn't have a gazillion shoes and boots on pre-order, gmto and mto, I might do a mto natural cxl or an oxblood lower and suede upper or a chamois or a ....ugh

Yeah, maybe this is the MTO option for those of with feet too wide for the Eagle County.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the eagle county I went with my 65 last size for bals and it worked out well 12eee a touch of heel slip but that is mainly due to tough definite sole and not lacing to tight until leather breaks in a bit. Most other lasts I am a 13 e

rostov

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe this is the MTO option for those of with feet too wide for the Eagle County.

Tell me about it. My Eagle County is arriving this week and I'm worried as hell about the size! Because I couldn't go wider than 3E, I had to order a half-size longer... and the 2 last is already incredibly long! Here's crossing fingers... but if the 5th Ave was available when I placed my order, it would have been my clear preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads