• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

delmar

Reaction score
I liked Hannah Morgen Smith's ideas most of all. She seems to have the best understanding of Allen Edmonds mission of all the candidates. Her single monk strap wingtip was her best idea--make it with cognac Dublin leather and double oak soles and a split-reverse welt and a much bigger buckle and I'll buy a full retail price first quality pair. Hannah gets my vote.

Scottyb06

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that my recent experience with a pair of "flawed" Rush Streets was quickly made right by AE. The underside of the tongue on the right shoe had extra stitching on it which pressed hard into my instep and was horribly uncomfortable (that pair also didn't qualify as seconds but the quality didn't look too hot). They returned the shoes and sent another pair which are entirely flawless. They fit well, look great, and are very comfortable. Kudos to AE! I will again be back :)

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got my first pair of "I can not believe they sent these out's" my MacNeil 5's Cognac arrived and while all of the mistakes on their own are minor...the grand total of them is just ridiculous for firsts...and what is perplexing is that being Webgems you would think they would put their best shoe makers on them to avoid seconds, returns etc so they do not have them lingering around.

I will post pictures later but misalined lace area, off center point on the cap...crooked stitching on the point of the cap...odd smudging, crushed welting, space between heel and sole, loose stitching, bowing in the ankle area eessh...honestly I do not believe there is any discount they could give to have me keep them.

The shoe looks good though sans the errors. Though this is by far the widest shoe I have on the 65 last . Question will really be if I like the Rush St more or the MacNeil 5 more...

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well was doing some cleaning on the PA's and Dundees so figured why not get a group shot. Pales in comparison to many but have only found AE since the fall. Need to replace some loafers so that might be next. As well one more boot I'm eyeing.

re7a6e2y.jpg

Back Row,
-Black Promontory Point (for sale)
-Brown Grain Long Branch
-Chili Dalton
-Burgundy Shell Dalton (for sale)

Front Row,
-Centerfield boat shoes with Atlanta Braves logo
-Black PA
-Brown Shell Jefferson
-Burgundy Shell Dundee

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you find the deal on the To Boot's? I love their style.

They're the Caine model. They were on 6pm.com (Zappos' sister site) a year and a half ago. They had patent leather only (the shoe comes in patent and in calfskin) and I bought that at first, but decided I liked calf better but couldn't find it. Finally, it popped up on Amazon in a few limited sizes in calf (including my size) and they were something like $220 (retail at $395). I used a 20% off coupon and got them down to just under 200 bucks.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well was doing some cleaning on the PA's and Dundees so figured why not get a group shot. Pales in comparison to many but have only found AE since the fall. Need to replace some loafers so that might be next. As well one more boot I'm eyeing.

re7a6e2y.jpg

Back Row,
-Brown Grain Long Branch
-Chili Dalton

Front Row,
-Black PA
-Brown Shell Jefferson
-Burgundy Shell Dundee

Nice little group! What size are the burgundy shell Daltons?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got my first pair of "I can not believe they sent these out's" my MacNeil 5's Cognac arrived and while all of the mistakes on their own are minor...the grand total of them is just ridiculous for firsts...and what is perplexing is that being Webgems you would think they would put their best shoe makers on them to avoid seconds, returns etc so they do not have them lingering around.

I will post pictures later but misalined lace area, off center point on the cap...crooked stitching on the point of the cap...odd smudging, crushed welting, space between heel and sole, loose stitching, bowing in the ankle area eessh...honestly I do not believe there is any discount they could give to have me keep them.

The shoe looks good though sans the errors. Though this is by far the widest shoe I have on the 65 last . Question will really be if I like the Rush St more or the MacNeil 5 more...

Pics?

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Back Row,
-Brown Grain Long Branch
-Chili Dalton

Front Row,
-Black PA
-Brown Shell Jefferson
-Burgundy Shell Dundee

Nice little group! What size are the burgundy shell Daltons?
Thanks! Was just brushing away and thought it'd be a good idea. Actually hadn't realized I acquired that many. Didn't take long to get hooked. The Dalton's are a 12C though. Normally a D but thought they might work. No dice though. Carpet wearing only.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoe looks good though sans the errors. Though this is by far the widest shoe I have on the 65 last . Question will really be if I like the Rush St more or the MacNeil 5 more...Color is virtually identical to Rush St.

Crushed Welt - Seperation from heal to sole

Loose Stitching in two places and mis stitch pattern in key spot

Crushed welt and heel to sole separation

Odd blotch spot in same area on both shoes

Uneven lace area

Off center cap or lace area on left foot. Right foot crooked lace but center cap

Two huge ripples on inner liner that is not present on the other shoe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads