• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love your posts. So much good information in there!

Spiker

Reaction score

So I finally decided to pick up a pair of McAllister, and I realized a sale literally just ended a few days ago.

Any idea when the next similar sale for firsts through AE will be? Is there a chance an AE retail store would still honor the sale price?

Check out amazon or Nordstrom

Last edited:

CalGuy13

Reaction score

Check out amazon or Nordstrom[/quote

Yeah, both are currently $365. The Nordstrom Men's sale in June may have some, but they don't seem to carry McAllister much in retail stores, so it may not be on their sale list. Amazon seems to have unpredictable discounts.

Spiker

Reaction score
Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got these beauties delivered yesterday. Can't wait to get them in the wild. I don't mind boots at work in a biz casual during the spring.

Chili Dalton's are 1sts as close outs and got a great deal.
u8e8y8y6.jpg

Then spotted these and had to give them a shot. Brown Shell Jeffersons as 2nds.

With flash.
uvutemas.jpg

There are a few small scuffs there on the vamp, but nothing some elbow grease can't get out.

Sunlight
uzequpyr.jpg

Only one or two minor flaws and for the price will most def. be keeping them. Super excited.

Last edited:

Spiker

Reaction score
The color different between outside and inside is crazy lol. I wouldnt have guess that they are the same shoe

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That pic does lead it to be more reddish. But yea getting them out in the sun just a joy to look at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeman

Reaction score

Did you name these shoes? Very clever. Are these made to order? Were these available for purchase at one time? Very interesting. Look great. What are the specifications? S

I did not name them. They were a special group buy from a website called Urban Daddy. It's basically the same shoe as the AE Macneil, but I beleive they're made from horween Dublin leather...not 100% sure on that.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aesthetically, the shoes are similar to first quality; But functionally, the shoes creak a bit on the uppers. I'm hoping that it will go away after an application of Lexol to soften up the leather.

Last edited:

FreedBird

Reaction score
Here is a picture of some great AE eye candy, Franciscan in Merlot, with the ever popular independence series lining and soles. :slayer:

I am doing 10% off anything in my classifieds if anyone mentions this thread in a message to me.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wowza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads