• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

sorry about that - didn't think about that part.

I think I fixed it - hopefully I used the spoiler function correctly.

Chris

No problem. Just having some fun. You nailed it!

CMT1

Reaction score

I have the Fastballs.  Went from 9.5 E (in the 1 and 5 lasts) to 9 EEE.

Similar experience here, I'm an 11.5 D in the 5 last, 11 D for the Fastball.

$49 blowout at the local AE store, looking forward to wearing them at some point. :D

mbatta557

Reaction score
Similar experience here, I'm an 11.5 D in the 5 last, 11 D for the Fastball.

$49 blowout at the local AE store, looking forward to wearing them at some point.
biggrin.gif

Are these still available for $49? If so, what store? I have the centerfielders but could look to acquire a pair of whites...

CMT1

Reaction score

Are these still available for $49? If so, what store? I have the centerfielders but could look to acquire a pair of whites...

Allen Edmonds
10406 US Highway 98 W, Silver Sands Outlet Mall, Ste 67
Destin, FL 32550
Phone:(850) 654-4790

When I was there a little under a month ago, they had quite a few boxes of them left.

cincikid

Reaction score
If someone is interested in the 1st quality Amok in chocolate suede in 10D feel free to PM me. I can pass them along to a fellow SF member for the exact price I paid on sale a few months ago rather than return them to AE. Hope this doesn't violate the forum rules as I intend to raise no profit from the sale.

bgp001

Reaction score
Sporting my chili Manhattan whole cuts today. WIth all the posts on chili today, thought I'd add my own contribution :)

Very nice. There's a pair of chili Fairfax wholecuts at the Nordstorm Rack near me that tempt me every time I stop by.

Last edited:

Preppyboy446

Reaction score
I have a teacher who used to work for the king of Bahrain. He said that the king always wore Allen Edmonds. I own a pair myself and I absolutely adore them.

colonelk2

Reaction score
Well guys, I dun goofed.

I didn't like the caramel skin colored color of my boarhide chukkas, so I took some dark brown polish to em.

I suck at polishing and thus there are uneven patches and places where it hasnt polished.

Any tips? Does this new brown color look like crap? Can i possibly remove the polish?

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while, but my recent purchase prompted me to post. Just received my Merlot McAllisters from the anniversary sale and all I can say if ooof! I have two other pairs of AE's, and haven't had any issues with either of them, but check out this medallion... does that seem problematic to anyone else? These are firsts btw.

Not trying to be a total downer, love my Bourbon Strands...

Mazzasan

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether AE uses the same laces for their Independence line versus their main line shoes? The brown laces on my Williams are really fantastic and I think I'd like to purchase more for my other pairs. Appreciate your help.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of AE, especially seconds as they are a great price to value shoes. However, I'm not sure whether I should keep this pair. The shoes fit perfectly but there appear to be a severely deep cut on the side of the left shoe. The cut is pierced all the way through the inner linings - basically a sliced hole. You can feel the slice from the inside.

Would this slice/hole affect the integrity of the shoe? I'm afraid rain may be able to get inside during downpours. What are your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads