• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodaman

Reaction score
Your babies are Tyrion, Cersei and Jaime?
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

What are those square toes on the left and why are you still hanging on to them?
lol...you don't like my Pradas?

David Copeland

Reaction score
in July??
only for Allen Edmonds?
I want to get a pair of black Chelsea as well but AE doesnt have one
Haigh is only available in dark brown...
I'm referring to the shoe department manager at Nordstroms who will price match just about anything, including AE. But the Nordstrom Summer Sale typically far exceeds anything that AE has on sale for styles and colors. Aside, the department managers will take the time to professionally fit a customer in seeing what "lasts" will work and won't work.

You realize that essentially all of ebay auctions actually happen in the last hour, right? If you were comfortable spending more, you should have upped the max bid!
As mentioned earlier, using an automated bidding service provides you to anonymously bid within the LAST 6 SECONDS of a closing auction - "faster than a speeding bullet"

Shoe storage question..right now my shoes are in leaning towers of AE boxes...was considering some shoe racks like the ones on sale from AE....My concern is the dust factor. Based on the number of shoes I have most are only getting worn 2 to 3 times a month. Does the shoe rack make sense? I do not have a closet to keep the racks in to make them less of dust targets.
Most of my shoes are brogued, too. I wear most of my shoes twice a month and I really don't get any considerable buildup. I used to keep them in their bags, but I hated no being able to see what I had while getting dressed.
Ouch. Leaving high quality shoes to the open air of a room reminds me of raw bacon in the forest where the wasps will hone in for the damage. Brogued shoes may require tooth-pick types of tools to clean out the holes of they get too clogged.

Although there are few remedies to keep high quality shoes completely dust-free, if someone is going to look forward to investing in 10 to 30 pair ($5000 to $15,000) of leather shoes over the years, then my opinion is to invest is a glass door shoe case, in order to protect but also to admire. Some samples here:

For the woman of the home

For the man of the home

For the man's suits

For 60 pair of shoes and boots

For 24 to 36 pairs of shoes and boots

The $199 price is on seconds from the Shoebank. .
No offense my friend, but this seems like a lot of work and you can get Strands for roughly the same price anyway provided your purchase seconds during a sale. Last summer during the Nordstrom sale they had Walnut Strands for $229 and my local AE store matched it without issue (and even sent me a pair with the v-tread sole which I prefer). If you want Strand golf shoes then go for it. But, if you're simply looking for a good sale price on Strands $199 isn't that hard to achieve...
I absolutely agree. Plan your monthly budget, and then compute your 6 or 12 month allocation - and buy smart when the annual sales arrive. Yes, the Strand (in firsts) at Nordstroms was in the $220 range, including a satisfaction free return within 6 months of wear to make sure the size was professionally fitted.

All my best,

David

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstorm is definitely the best place to buy AE, and from my experieence, the best time to purchase first-quality AE shoes is during its semi-annual sale in July. But it's not going to be $220 since that price was before the price increase. It might be closer to $240 when it's all said and done, which is still cheaper than the current $260 deal for the Macallisters.

From my understanding, only one of AE's signature shoe will be on sale during that time. Last year was the MaCallister in black.

Last edited:

tjyoung

Reaction score
Just dust the shoes off before and after each wearing and you won't have an issue. I have a polishing mitt that I keep handy and I just give my shoes a dry wipe before and after each wearing.
Speaking of a polishing mitt, where can I find one and what is a good price?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Speaking of a polishing mitt, where can I find one and what is a good price?

Good question. I know The Hangar Project carries them. Mine is an Edward Green from Leffot and NOT a good price, haha!

Last edited:

traverscao

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear fellas,

A reflection of the day...

Was strolling on AE's site when the discount email hit the deck. I was ramming my mouse the best I could, and boy, the McAdam boot was right in front of my eyes.

Yet, when I clicked on my size (or it should be noted as the closes size - 10.5 Ex3), the only label is sold out....

Gosh... I told myself the day couldn't get worse... Rain in the morning, cold, cold wind and then I just met my favorite pair of balmoral boots...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Those look pretty slick!  Do you have one for each color - black, brown, burgundy?  I just use old t-shirts now but I'd love to try something that doesn't slide around on my hand the way a t-shirt does.

Right??!!??

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A sock? Is this wrong? Have I outed myself as a savage?

Last edited:

David Copeland

Reaction score
From my understanding, only one of AE's signature shoe will be on sale during that time. Last year was the MaCallister in black.
It's 35% OFF the current retail. Last year the "advertised sale" included six (6) styles (see below quote from last year):

Good fine! It may be part of their half-year sale.

I am also waiting for the following to go on sale:

Neumok

Daltons

Strand

Maxfield

Mcallister

Lasalle

In addition to the above, the shoe department manager was able to offer other styles at 35% off, any size, any color, by working direct with the customer.

To get EARLY BIRD private investigation, I signed up for a free, no credit check, Nordstrom's Debit Card (comes out of bank account) that added Nordstrom's Rewards as a customer. This gives an extra 10 days before the public gets noticed.

David

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed some Mcallisters in Chili. Love this color. Not coming out very true-to-life in these shots but it's an awesome shade.

Was thinking of doing this in a MTO with a dbl leather sole, but these look so nice I may just keep these as is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads