• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brown on brown is currently out of stock so i'm gonna probably get blue on brown Strawfuts.

I'm getting patriot suede loafers, Strawfuts and was thinking of picking up another more business casual however,
I could not decide between Mora 2.0 bourbon or the Rush Street.

Anyone care to share their experiences with both of these shoes?

My vote is for the Rush Streets - primarily because I just got a pair and love them. It is a great business casual shoe and with the Dainite sole, you have a great rainy day shoe.

I'm not a monk strap fan - just a personal thing so don't let that weigh on your decision.

Chris

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown on brown is currently out of stock so i'm gonna probably get blue on brown Strawfuts.

I'm getting patriot suede loafers, Strawfuts and was thinking of picking up another more business casual however,
I could not decide between Mora 2.0 bourbon or the Rush Street.

Anyone care to share their experiences with both of these shoes?

I have the Rush street and it is a beautiful shoe in person... Mora 2.0 Bourbon should be at my house when I get home or Saturday so can let you know.

SimplyLime

Reaction score
My vote is for the Rush Streets - primarily because I just got a pair and love them. It is a great business casual shoe and with the Dainite sole, you have a great rainy day shoe.

I'm not a monk strap fan - just a personal thing so don't let that weigh on your decision.

Chris

I already have similar kind of shoe although it is a wingtip derby similar color but in nubuck.
I can't help it but the Rush Street just looks absolutely gorgeous.

I have the Rush street and it is a beautiful shoe in person... Mora 2.0 Bourbon should be at my house when I get home or Saturday so can let you know.

Yes, please let me know. Are you also getting bourbon?

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I already have similar kind of shoe although it is a wingtip derby similar color but in nubuck.
I can't help it but the Rush Street just looks absolutely gorgeous.

Yes, please let me know. Are you also getting bourbon?

Yes Bourbon on the way...both on the shoes and in my glass

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the concensus that Mora 2.0 (108 last) sizing is the same as Park Avenue (5 last) sizing?

Interested in this as well.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I was hoping I'd have that sale flyer when I got home. Nada. Darnit.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Is the concensus that Mora 2.0 (108 last) sizing is the same as Park Avenue (5 last) sizing?

Interested in this as well.

I don't know if there's a consensus or not, but for me, the 108 last sizing is the same as the 65 last. I find the forefoot of both lasts to feel about the same in size 9D, while the 65 last has a slightly wider feeling heel area. Based on my experience, I consider the 108 last to be the best fitting AE last for me, followed by the 65 and 333 last. I'm happy with how both the 108 and 65 last fits me in 9D.

For reference, here are the shoes in each last I own:

65 last:
-Kenilworth
-Spiaggia
-Jefferson
-Neumok (size 8.5D, probably could go with 9D)
-Elgin (size 8.5D, consensus for this model is to size down by half)
-MacNeil 5 (ordered 9D)

108 last:
-Mora 2.0
-Clark Street

Last edited:

pudman43

Reaction score
For those requesting fit info on the Mora 2.0, I'll give my recent experience. I have 11 pairs of AE, all in the 10.5D/11C/11D range. Picked up some dark brown Mora 2.0 seconds about a month ago (LOVE them), and found that while they fit predictably in length, there is far more "room" inside the shoe than I'm used to. Had to send an 11D back, and got a 10.5D, in fact would have got 10.5C if they'd had stock in seconds. Anyhow, I'm sure it's mainly due to their method of fastening, which I'd not taken into consideration. That said, I picked up some basic thin insoles, and wear them with slightly thicker socks....all is well. And they are a STRIKING shoe, just beautiful. J

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 8-108 last is sufficiently narrower than the 5 last that the 8 last is too tight for my foot while the 5 last fits me better than any other last.

luv2breformed

Reaction score
The 8-108 last is sufficiently narrower than the 5 last that the 8 last is too tight for my foot while the 5 last fits me better than any other last.

This has also been my experience except that the 5 last is too roomy for me. Fortunately I have already purchased the Delray (108) in a size that fit well, and chose the same for my Mora 2.0 (108).

I am surprised to hear pud describe the Mora as roomy and hope that they fit as well as my Delray when they get here.

ElDave

Reaction score
Unrelated to the current sale, but I bought a pair of black grain Sanibels as a travel loafer ($125 on Amazon in my slightly unusual size) and, for something nondescript and easy on/off, these are great loafers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads