• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
@FreedBird I flipped and flopped over those for weeks. If I was sure about the size it would have been a no-brainer for me.

Last edited:

FreedBird

Reaction score

@FreedBird I flipped and flopped over those for weeks. If I was sure about the size it would have been a no-brainer for me.

Ah that's too bad, at least they are going to a good home! If it helps you at all I typically wear an 8 D, sometimes an 8.5 D and I was swimming in those 8 Es. If you ever see something and you are not 100% on it I am pretty flexible on returns, just send me a message.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Ah that's too bad, at least they are going to a good home! If it helps you at all I typically wear an 8 D, sometimes an 8.5 D and I was swimming in those 8 Es. If you ever see something and you are not 100% on it I am pretty flexible on returns, just send me a message.

Good to know. I also typically wear an 8D. So I'm glad my better judgement won out!

tampatravel

Reaction score
Football Friday!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I love shell. I ordered the seconds of a pair of Truffle McAllisters I ordered awhile back. I thought it might be fun to change the edge dressing and have a beater pair. I put the new one next to the old one, and the variation in the color is pretty cool:

The new pair on the left looks almost ravello, while the one on the right looks like a golden-tinged version of the standard brown. What do you guys think? Is this enough variation for me to change the edge dressing on the new ones and declare them a different pair (and thus keep both pairs)?

dawkplex

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I just got back from my local store and the sales rep told me that starting 4/11 AE is having a sale. It looked like the list of styles was two pages long, so it's apparently going to be a fairly broad sale. I know for a fact that McAllister in all colors will be $259 and the Clark Streets will be $249. I didn't ask about anything else, I figure we'll find out soon enough, but that's good news.

Looks like the Anniversary sale will be between 4/11 and 4/28, from this http://www.shopbiltmore.com/Shopping/SalesDetails/202131?list=retailershopping . 15-35% off isn't bad. I wonder if they'll have the University's or Dalton's on sale.

srolaser

Reaction score
What do you think about MacNeil in burnished burgundy or merlot? Was that the color offered last year as a web gem? Any of you have a pair and/or a photo to share?

Obviously, unless you prefer calf, the burgundy cordovan would be preferable, but pricier.

S

nhindian

Reaction score
Anyone know what last the Saunder's are on? Or how they fit compared to the Katmai?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I love shell. I ordered the seconds of a pair of Truffle McAllisters I ordered awhile back. I thought it might be fun to change the edge dressing and have a beater pair. I put the new one next to the old one, and the variation in the color is pretty cool:

The new pair on the left looks almost ravello, while the one on the right looks like a golden-tinged version of the standard brown. What do you guys think? Is this enough variation for me to change the edge dressing on the new ones and declare them a different pair (and thus keep both pairs)?
The one of the right looks to be developing some nice two-tone action. I would keep that one.

Rookie428

Reaction score
@indyoshi68

That looks very nice! Mind if I ask where you purchased those laces? Size and thickness? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bgp001

Reaction score

Nice! What last are those Slatons on? They look like they'd play nice with my fat instep.

They're on the 222 last. A little narrow but probably my best fitting shoes outside my Ridgeways. I have feet flatter than a sheet of plywood, so I can't speak to the high instep fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads