• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor

Reaction score

Moving to Charlotte from Birmingham. Partial Allen Edmonds family photo

I live about 10 miles south of Charlotte in Rock Hill, SC. You will love it here. There is a great AE store in Charlotte that will help you continue your addiction.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also received some shell today from the 2nd's sale: burgundy Westchester and burgundy Cambridge. I know the Cambridge is a fan-favorite around here, but I personally think it looks a little...blobby...as another member described the 5-last earlier this week. Also, not sure what to think of the Westchester's. Keep or return?

Cambridge:

Westchester:

Looks like the shoes are different colors...can this be fixed?

Some dryness? Can this be fixed?

Some marks...not too worried about these as they would happen after the first few wears.

meowmix1891

Reaction score
MTO Eagle County has come in, and it's absolutely everything I dreamed of.

2002 CHILI CALF
BROWN UPPER STITCH SEEN ON 1628
BRASS EYELETS
BLACK FLAT WELT
TOASTED EDGE DRESSING
INDEPENDENCE LINING LEATHER
DAINITE OUTSOLE
LEATHER MIDSOLE

Needed a versatile boot that I could wear with literally anything from jeans to a suit. I think I hit the nail on the head with these.

Color looks deeper and more brown in person, as is common with chili. Do you guys think the creasing is fine? I'm talking specifically about the second picture.

Also, how is the welting done on these dainite soles? Might the lack of visible stitching make these more durable?

For those of you who have been wondering about sizing on the 2-last, I'm normally a 13C on the 5-65, and these fit me very nicely in 13D.
Gosh. Nice MTO choices guys. I am looking at a MTO eagle county in dark brown calf uppers or cxl, natural color welt, indepedence lining, and dainite sole. How much is a MTO?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So...Thoughts on the Positano??? Ordered a pair. Wanted something sleeker than the Patriot or Randolph, without tassel. My question is, is this shoe recraftable? No mention on the site of that option; Italian made... Italian recrafted? Can I get some 'Bologna vs Goodyear construction' debate started this morning? :nest: I've yet to wear a sole out on a shoe. Any shoe.
I THINK (not 100% sure about this) that these Italian shoes are recraftable. However, in the past they would resole them using the same soles and technique as when they were new - Bologna. Now they put on some other type of sole when they do it that makes it look more like a welted loafer.

Sunstealer73

Reaction score
Anyone else think AE is missing out by not offering some of these MTO boots as everyday options? I would put those last couple right up there with some of the Viberg styles that are double the price.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
It's official:

-2003 MERLOT BURNISHED CALF
-TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCH
-INDEPENDENCE LEATHER LINING AND INSOLE
-BLACK FLAT WELT
-DOUBLE BUTYL OUTSOLE
-DARK BROWN TRANSPARENT EDGE DRESSING
-BLACK EYELETS AND SPEEDHOOKS (3)

Anyone know what 2003 merlot is? Also, anyone know the difference between merlot and burgundy is?

Here were the specs.

LeviMay

Reaction score
Did that question get answered? I'm also curious as to the difference between Burgundy Calf and Merlot Burnished Calf. Is it like Walnut and Bourbon?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Did that question get answered? I'm also curious as to the difference between Burgundy Calf and Merlot Burnished Calf. Is it like Walnut and Bourbon?

They look pretty much the same to me. Google "allen edmonds merlot vs burgundy" and you will get a few pics. But my understanding is that they no longer sell Burgandy calf typically in favor of Merlot.

-Mike

LeviMay

Reaction score
I didn't think they were exactly alike, but agree that they're fairly similar. I realize it's not a real-life representation, but I've tried comparing them on the custom shoe creator on the AE site, and Merlot seems slightly darker and less shiny.

ymmt

Reaction score
Are the MTO Eagle County still available to order? If so, how would one go about ordering? The one in chili is a showstopper. :slayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads