• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Instead of dreaming on, friend, I contacted Allison about ordering a custom MTO (disclaimer- I've already had one MTO made for me, so maybe this influenced things):

My email to her sent at 4:17 pm:
Hi Allison,

First off, happy Thanksgiving! I'm interested in a pair of the Eagle County (I'm sure you've received several requests today) StyleForum MTO with chocolate calf, either a combo tap sole or dainite sole, and flat welt. Would this qualify for the $197 sale price?

Thanks

Her response sent at 5:59pm (not sure why she said good morning):

Good Morning Jon,

Yes we could honor the sale price of $197.00. I am out of the office on Friday, but I will be back in on Monday at 9:30AM CST if you would like to discuss further.

Also, was your wife still interested in having a pair of shoes made up?

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well,

Allison Meyer

Still think I (or we) need to dream on?

Then this is in direct contradiction with what she told another member earlier. What store is she at?

evilWagon

Reaction score

Then this is in direct contradiction with what she told another member earlier. What store is she at?
What she told the other member was that they could not do a custom makeup of a Black Friday only model (Carson city) but they will honour the sale price for custom makeups of regular line models (Eagle county).

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell Townleys at the end of a long day yesterday:
orig.jpg

MaddysDad

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on an acceptable "go to" black cap bal for formal settings (interviews, weddings, funerals). PAs of FAs are ideal, but I have trouble with the 5-last. I'm considering the Hale because they're currently on sale. Are they an acceptable alternative, or is it a little too busy?

The Harrison is the next choice, but there's a signficant price jump.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Looking for opinions on an acceptable "go to" black cap bal for formal settings (interviews, weddings, funerals).  PAs of FAs are ideal, but I have trouble with the 5-last.  I'm considering the Hale because they're currently on sale.  Are they an acceptable alternative, or is it a little too busy?

The Harrison is the next choice, but there's a signficant price jump.

It's up to you, but I believe the hale to be less formal due to the perforations.

If the Harrison's fit you and you like their style (and have budget for them), then I would go for them. They are a sleeker style, have a higher quality leather, have a nice soft lining (lamb skin), and have some great finishing touches (sole and wheeled edges). I think that they are worth the extra money. I got a pair made in Black Shell as a MTO and they are absolutely amazing.

-Mike

Last edited:

salgy

Reaction score

Looking for opinions on an acceptable "go to" black cap bal for formal settings (interviews, weddings, funerals).  PAs of FAs are ideal, but I have trouble with the 5-last.  I'm considering the Hale because they're currently on sale.  Are they an acceptable alternative, or is it a little too busy?

The Harrison is the next choice, but there's a signficant price jump.

Can't remember the model name, but the PAish shoe AE makes for Joseph a Banks might be what you're looking for... It's not on the 5 last

MaddysDad

Reaction score
Good morning everyone, and thanks very much for the quick and useful responses re the PA/FA/Hale comparison. I still have a few days to mull it over Hale-wise, but now I have some good food for thought. If there are any other comments, I'm all ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads