• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FYI: Allison works in one of the outlet stores not a corporate contact. All stores can place MTO & SMU orders.
This is not correct. The Allison discussed in this thread works at headquarters and her and Deborah handle all the MTO orders as part of the SF SWAT team formed by AE's CEO

Fabian43

Reaction score
I'm sure Allison is providing good service, that being said, all stores can place MTO and J'Ville has been a big resource for many of us. The phone orders business is important to J'Ville and they just wanted me to reiterate that they can accommodate any type of order and would love the opportunity to serve. I've purchased over a dozen shoes from Kristle and Kelsey with personalized service. Just wanted to give them a plug. That is all, I'll get off my soapbox.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sure Allison is providing good service, that being said, all stores can place MTO and J'Ville has been a big resource for many of us. The phone orders business is important to J'Ville and they just wanted me to reiterate that they can accommodate any type of order and would love the opportunity to serve. I've purchased over a dozen shoes from Kristle and Kelsey with personalized service. Just wanted to give them a plug. That is all, I'll get off my soapbox.
Yes, all stores can place MTO's. However, there is an additional $125 fee placed on those orders. My experience has been that only by going through Allison or Deborah and mentioning Style Forum can that fee be waived. Have you had a different experience?

kentyman

Reaction score
Re the fit - I think you are on the right track. You want loafers to be slightly tight and not moving around on your foot when they are new. They will stretch a bit and fit better as your foot sinks into the cork footbed. For what it's worth, I wear mine with dress socks or no socks. I don't bother with loafer socks, since I figure I'm good with foot sweat as long as it's mine.

Re the toe pits. That's probably why they are seconds. Unlikely to go away. I have a pair of brown shell patriots with a little of that on one of the toes, and it has never lessened. I imagine it's just part of the individual shell that they used. You need to make a decision about whether it will bother you enough to return and try again, or if they are good.
My brown shell Patriots were seconds and have the pitting as well. I found that getting the polish off and brushing the shoes made it less noticeable. Doesn't bother me at all now.

Thanks for the comments. Sounds like the size is worth sticking with. I'll have to decide about the pitting, which actually closer to pockmarks in some places.

New Shoes1, I'm surprised to hear that getting the polish off make it less noticeable. I would've expected the polish to almost act as women's concealer/foundation makeup to fill in holes, and would expect the higher shine to enhance the differences. Can you and/or bucksfan share what the blemishes on your brown shell Patriots look like?

Thanks again.

cincikid

Reaction score
My personal experience with the J'ville store was pretty disappointing on more than one occasion. What forced me to stop ordering from them eventually, was that I had purchased a pair of shoes at $234 a few days before the 2 for $250 kicked off, and Kristle was reluctant to adjust the price conditional on me getting another pair. A quick call to Port Washington has resolved the issue, but I was done. I have a fantastic experience with Allison (not to be confused with the MRO Allison) and Jennifer at the Freeport store. As usual, YMMV.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I've ordered from different outlets stores so I had a question: Can any outlet store pull up your record and see that you've been placing orders from different locations? Would like to patronage just one store, so I can get more personalized service, though.

Mainly, I've called one outlet and if there's a busy signal I'll go to the next one etc. Not to be anti-freeport or J'ville.

cincikid

Reaction score
I know I've ordered from different outlets stores so I had a question: Can any outlet store pull up your record and see that you've been placing orders from different locations? Would like to patronage just one store, so I can get more personalized service, though.

Mainly, I've called one outlet and if there's a busy signal I'll go to the next one etc. Not to be anti-freeport or J'ville.
Yes, they have a company-wide order record system

tietherope

Reaction score
Yes, they have a company-wide order record system
On that note, can I exchange a pair of shoes for a different size through the shoebank when I bought them through the Jville outlet? Anyone done such a thing?

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And here I thought I was getting something kinda unique when I placed my MTO for a pair of Merlot Strands.... Guess not, oh well.

Maybe you gave them the idea....That's how I would think of it!
I'm not sure, but those merlot Franciscans...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
They don't have the V-Tread sole, but they're still nice. After getting the walnut seconds for about $150, I can't justify paying 2 that now. Hopefully, some of these will hit the seconds market.

evolved

Reaction score
I just sent this to Allison

Good afternoon, Allison,
From the sounds of it on Style Forum you are being inundated with MTO requests! In discussing a few of our different make ups I stumbled upon a conversation and I just wanted to clarify a quick detail that we discussed. In a prior email I had attached an image and referenced wanting the welt/edge from the Neumok on my Macneils. I believe you mentioned (and it's on the invoice) that this is the chili split reverse welt with light brown transparent edge dressing. However, someone in the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread on Style Forum mentioned that that make up will be darker than the Neumok, and that the actual finish for the Neumok is Toasted Natural Edge Finish Generic. I just wanted to double check and make sure that I was getting the lighter welt/edge of the Neumok on my shoe, as opposed to a much darker finish. Thanks!

So, we'll see what the response is.

Here's the response I got from Allison.....it appears that the two are very similar.

Good Morning Lucas:

Natural toasted edge and Light brown transparent are extremely similar in coloring. I will make sure the order has the toasted edge like on the Neumok. When I created the custom request for my manufacturing team I did make note that it should look like the neumok sole, so it should not be an issue.

I hope Allison gets a nice bonus/raise/etc. this year for putting up with us :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads