• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ Great color. More pics, please!!! I have 2 pair of cappuccino coming and I want to see what to expect.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

First wearing of the cappuccino shell Strands. This is an interesting color which changes shades quite a bit depending on the light.
Those look spectacular to me. I love shoes that have a different aura with different directions of light. That is one of my favorite things about my Walnut Shell Strands. I might copy you on the Cappuccino Strands.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If he's willing to pay double the Shoe Bank price.

I have a tough time believing anyone is paying $250 for AE seconds on the Bay. He would surely have to pay a small premium over the $125 plus tax price, though.

bgp001

Reaction score
I have a tough time believing anyone is paying $250 for AE seconds on the Bay. He would surely have to pay a small premium over the $125 plus tax price, though.

I absolutely don't think he should pay that much, but that's what the seller is listing them for and people who don't know about the Shoe Bank are biting.

mdavis534

Reaction score

First wearing of the cappuccino shell Strands. This is an interesting color which changes shades quite a bit depending on the light.

Nice! Do you have the chili welt? Can you post more pics. I have cappuccino strand in MTO. Would like to see edge trim and side shots. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ec123456

Reaction score
Just bought brown Malverns and black Bayfields in seconds for 250! Can't wait for them to get here. The New York outlet was also very efficient and friendly

tietherope

Reaction score
I absolutely don't think he should pay that much, but that's what the seller is listing them for and people who don't know about the Shoe Bank are biting.

There is someone selling the Tan Saunders in 5 sizes in the marketplace here for $250, along with other shoes as well. They seem to have snatched a lot of pairs the other week when they were $120 or whatever they were. Definitely annoying.

Last edited:

rostov

Reaction score
Received Black Eagle Country boots bought during last week's clearance event.

I'd say these are clearly defective. I thought clearance items are supposed to be first-quality? Is that not true, did I just get a bad pair? The crack on the side is a clear gouge/tear. There are no markings on the sole.

They only cost me $125 for the pair, so I must say that while I'm annoyed/upset, I am actually considering keeping them. Allen Edmonds seems to have run out of their clearance inventory, so it isn't like I'm likely to get an exchange. On the other hand, I could return them and take advantage of the 2 for $250 seconds deal. Thoughts?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just because that is the listing price does not mean that people are buying them at that price.

There is someone selling the Tan Saunders in 5 sizes in the marketplace here for $250, along with other shoes as well. They seem to have snatched a lot of pairs the other week when they were $120 or whatever they were. Definitely annoying.

I don't regularly buy seconds, but it annoys me too, especially when I see posts from people who are unable to get what they want from the Shoe Bank or Jeffersonville. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with what they are doing, so I've never said anything.

bgp001

Reaction score
Just because that is the listing price does not mean that people are buying them at that price.

You'd think that but you'd be wrong, they are buying them at that price. I've looked at his sold history because I couldn't believe people we're paying 70-100% over the Shoe Bank price. The Brooks Gatsby were $150 at Shoe Bank for example, and routinely sold for $298.

Last edited:

g.michael

Reaction score

Thanks alot for the reply! I'm looking into the Parkway and Larchmont myself. Was the larchmont fit pretty spot on as well or just the Parkway?

All three fit exactly the same in 11B. The Parkway was my most "immediate need" so it was the only one I sized down for and kept. It's an awesome shoe if you are looking for that style. The three eyelets concerned me a bit (I prefer 5) but it has been fine. I want to add the Harrison in 10.5B but waiting for a sale. I couldn't justify the Larchmont to myself at this time due to other wingtips in the rotation.

PlaceboFX

Reaction score
All three fit exactly the same in 11B. The Parkway was my most "immediate need" so it was the only one I sized down for and kept. It's an awesome shoe if you are looking for that style. The three eyelets concerned me a bit (I prefer 5) but it has been fine. I want to add the Harrison in 10.5B but waiting for a sale. I couldn't justify the Larchmont to myself at this time due to other wingtips in the rotation.

Nice pickups! I'm a big fan of the 333 last, too.

One note about the Larchmonts, though. While they are longwing bluchers, they differ from traditional LWBs both in sleekness (due to awesome 333 last) and soles (single leather sole instead of double), so they fill a slightly different niche than shoes like the Macneils.

Last edited:

cincikid

Reaction score
Received Black Eagle Country boots bought during last week's clearance event.

I'd say these are clearly defective. I thought clearance items are supposed to be first-quality? Is that not true, did I just get a bad pair? The crack on the side is a clear gouge/tear. There are no markings on the sole.

They only cost me $125 for the pair, so I must say that while I'm annoyed/upset, I am actually considering keeping them. Allen Edmonds seems to have run out of their clearance inventory, so it isn't like I'm likely to get an exchange. On the other hand, I could return them and take advantage of the 2 for $250 seconds deal. Thoughts?

They look fine to me. They were probably in the box for too long.

shartmann

Reaction score
^^ Great color. More pics, please!!! I have 2 pair of cappuccino coming and I want to see what to expect.

Nice! Do you have the chili welt? Can you post more pics. I have cappuccino strand in MTO. Would like to see edge trim and side shots.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Here are a few more pictures of my cappuccino Strands. I did go with a chili welt instead of the standard brown, and also added a wheeled edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads