• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitshine123

Reaction score
I remember someone asking about "pitting" with shell cordovan a few pages back, but I couldnt find the post to quote. Parts of my cambridges and patriots just wouldn't shine up with the mac method, so after about a dozen wears, I put a thin coat of allen edmonds cordovan cream on and viola! The pitting was significantly less pronounced and started to shine up like the rest of the shoe. It is still rougher than the other parts upon closer inspection though. Will plan on using the cream on my new strands after a few wears also.

ysa3arym.jpg

salgy

Reaction score

Those pics of the "rough" Macneils has me wondering if there are any casual wingtip bluchers in the current lineup that I'm missing. There's the Banchory but I'm not a huge fan of those. I have a pair of Elgins that I wear casually and may grab a McTavish at some point but I feel like the blucher style for a casual shoe is more my thing and I don't think there's anything attractive in the current lineup.

Their bals, but I really like the distressed brown numonks casually with just about everything from jeans to chinos to seersucker & madras last summer...

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
try as I might, I cannot get a decent shine from my brown patriots.. stripped a bit of material off with some renomat, but they still haze. brushed the ever loving hell out of them and nothing.

may go the ever slight polish route, just to see what comes of it (as these are beaters)

mikeharo

Reaction score

I remember someone asking about "pitting" with shell cordovan a few pages back, but I couldnt find the post to quote. Parts of my cambridges and patriots just wouldn't shine up with the mac method, so after about a dozen wears, I put a thin coat of allen edmonds cordovan cream on and viola! The pitting was significantly less pronounced and started to shine up like the rest of the shoe. It is still rougher than the other parts upon closer inspection though. Will plan on using the cream on my new strands after a few wears also.
ysa3arym.jpg

Looking good.

Are the strands the same color as the webgem? Do you have more pictures of them?

GeneralW

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help/input for the upcoming 2 for $250 seconds sale. Currently I have black PAs and walnut strands, so I'm looking to expand my AE collection.Shoes I'm considering,

-Sanford Black/RL Slaton Black
-BB MacNeil Black
-Player's Shoe Walnut/Black
-BB Gatsby Brown/White
-RL Sanderson Tan

Loafers
-Presidio Black/Brown
-Westchester Black/Burgundy
-RL Innsbrook Brown/Tan
-RL Singleton Black/Brown/Tan
-Neumora Brown

Which ones do you think are versatile/will get the most use in a rotation? I am looking for a pair of penny loafers but if there are two other shoes on this list that I should have then I can buy the penny loafers elsewhere.

OlafG

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a definitive answer on sales tax and the outlets?

I heard that if there was no AE outlet in the state you had your shoes shipped to there wouldn't be any sales tax charged.
I ordered from the Riverhead outlet and she said I had to pay sales tax of the state it was being shipped to, because AE had stores there.

evolved

Reaction score
Does MTO Allison have an email address?

I'm considering selling my Daltons (which I've worn maybe 2 times in a year) to fund a shell MacNeil creation.
I asked this a few days back.....anyone have her contact info? Preferably email? Thanks!

fastfiat81

Reaction score

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on sales tax and the outlets?

I heard that if there was no AE outlet in the state you had your shoes shipped to there wouldn't be any sales tax charged.
I ordered from the Riverhead outlet and she said I had to pay sales tax of the state it was being shipped to, because AE had stores there. 

I live in a state that does not have an AE presence. I don't pay any sales tax. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads