• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The AE Store had this new Italian loafer model:

The croc pattern is nicely done, the calf is quite soft like their other Italian models, and it had those covered channel soles, which are my favorite. Will probably pic these up soon too, since my brown Veronas are on their last legs finally...

Last edited:

DNSamurai

Reaction score
So between shell Dundees or Daltons...which would you guys go with? Black, brow, walnut, or burgundy? Decisions, decisions...

Where are you finding walnut shell? If you can get it that would be the first choice. Can always get the others at a later point

Done. Just grabbed the last pair of Walnut Shell Daltons. $317 shipped to my door.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Done. Just grabbed the last pair of Walnut Shell Daltons. $317 shipped to my door.Β 

Dang! I assume you guys are calling??? I still haven't gotten an email back...

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Also waiting nervously for email reply on something. Was all I could do to just order one...but I did order four non-shell pairs the other day...

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Did you email the shoe bank or one of the outlets? I think the shoe bank is swamped.

I emailed the shoe bank. Who else should I email? Addresses?

DNSamurai

Reaction score

Did you email the shoe bank or one of the outlets? I think the shoe bank is swamped.

I pretty much deal exclusively with Kristal at the Jville outlet via email. She is top notch.

Sadly (not really), I'm leaving for a two week trip to Asia this weekend, so it'll be a while till I get to see/wear them.

I see the Neumoks will be $199 during the end of Sept. sale. I tried the navy ones on at the store last week and swore those would be my next pair. I didn't anticipate this cordovan sale.

I will definitely be broke by October.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Always call when dealing with limited inventory. When there's only a couple pairs left in your size, you'll miss out if you wait for an e-mail.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, a bit of an introduction, long time lurker, and AE fan... I have close to 25 pairs myself, and will post a family picture for y'all next weekend... Watching the game tonight, and I just finished my latest "creation"... Thought I would share...

IMHO, burgundy/oxblood/merlot/etc... Are the most versatile color of shoes for my particular job/wardrobe... It always bothered me that AE didn't make the strand (one of my favorites) in burgundy calf (I can't wear shell...)... I ended up finding a pair of BNIB distressed brown Kiowa's on the bay that were so badly miss-matched & discolored, I ended up getting them for $30 shipped! I didn't take any before pictures, or of any of the steps (didn't think this would actually work!), but here's what I did:
1. Stripped off the brown color with a combination of acetone, deglazer & 000 steel wool
2. I bought fiebings ox blood dye, and applied 2 coats, brushed well & then polished (3 coats) with AE merlot cream...

Since they're kiowas, they do have the lug sole, but the idea is to wear them as my rainy day shoes until a recraft is in order... Then replace with standard leather soles... Not too bad for a total of $45 invested (especially considering the only way to get a "real" pair would be MTO)!

I probably have some touching up to do that I will see in full sunlight tomorrow, but was pleased enough with the results, I thought I would share...

I am quite impressed that you were able to get that result from a pair of Kiowas. Nice job.

Doc Holliday

Reaction score

You can call or email any store for a list of seconds in your size. You can even contact 1st Quality stores for the list. Just be sure to tell them you want a list of "2nds" company wide.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I'm usually a 36, but sometimes a 38 pants size. I ordered a 36 as the only other option was 44. Hopefully it will fit. Worth a try for just over $20.

I think you should expect to be disappointed. I wear a 32 waist and have some belts that are a 32, some that are a 34. I bought a couple of these AE sale belts on STP in size 32 (no 34 available) and they were way too small.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Will have to pick up a pair of Delrays during the sale them, good price.

I'm with you JS. I've contemplated getting these for awhile and was disappointed when they were not included in the Nordstrom Anniversary sale as they were last year. These will be my first split-toe and first chili colored shoe.

Don't you usually have to size up 2 sizes on belts?

This is standard, yes. However, I am actually a 31 (but don't own many 31 pants) so my perfect belt size would be 33 (a size not offered frequently). Depending on the manufacturer, a 32 or 34 will fit me best.

Last edited:

tietherope

Reaction score
I think you should expect to be disappointed. I wear a 32 waist and have some belts that are a 32, some that are a 34. I bought a couple of these AE sale belts on STP in size 32 (no 34 available) and they were way too small.

I was going to point out the same. You need to buy a size larger than your pant size.

Edit: It is 2 sizes, but the numbers usually go in 2's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads