• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I'm on the fence about the webgem Jefferson in brown shell. I want to get it and probably will but i'm curious about something. I have AE shoes in brown shell and in cappuccino shell and I prefer the cappuccino better. Regardless of what AE says the pictures of the webgems look more cappuccino than brown. I wonder if I can use the AE SF MTO to get the webgem Jeffersons in the cappuccino instead of the brown. I'm going to email Allison to find out.

Good luck, Pastor. I'm not sure how much cappuccino is left. I also find it interesting that they are calling the webgems 'brown' and the Dundees, for reference, are called 'dark brown'. Semantics or different color...??? Hmmmm.

mikeharo

Reaction score

I'm on the fence about the webgem Jefferson in brown shell. I want to get it and probably will but i'm curious about something. I have AE shoes in brown shell and in cappuccino shell and I prefer the cappuccino better. Regardless of what AE says the pictures of the webgems look more cappuccino than brown. I wonder if I can use the AE SF MTO to get the webgem Jeffersons in the cappuccino instead of the brown. I'm going to email Allison to find out.

See post 28552

Jon Cheddar

Reaction score
Got my order in for the shell Cambridge in burgundy! What a deal for $299. My first shells...

Last edited:

drbhrb

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on brown cordovan norwich? Reviews seem to indicate they are narrow and noisy but some of the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Online reviews are such crap shoots.

Last edited:

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was able to contact the shoe bank and got my shell daltons for $299. What a deal (steal)! I was told they didn't have them by the local outlet but decided to try the shoe bank and they did. First pair of shells! What an emotional roller coaster ride today
tounge.gif

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Anyone have an opinion on brown cordovan norwich?

Norwich is the single monk, right? If so...love them. They will be my first monks, eventually.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Was able to contact the shoe bank and got my shell daltons for $299. What a deal (steal)! I was told they didn't have them by the local outlet but decided to try the shoe bank and they did. First pair of shells! What an emotional roller coaster ride today
tounge.gif

I know the feeling. I woke up today and when I checked the forum I saw that all shell was $299..... So I emailed right away, and lucky for me, there was ONE LAST PAIR of burgundy shell Dalton in my size. They had them at the store, and they were looked over while I waited on the phone. I was told they couldn't find out why there were seconds. This pair will also be breaking my Shell virginity. I'm excited.

drbhrb

Reaction score
Norwich is the single monk, right? If so...love them. They will be my first monks, eventually.

Yeah. Agh, I can't decide. I just bought calf daltons but I don't own any monks and $299 for shell is a stupid good deal...

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Agh, I can't decide. I just bought calf daltons but I don't own any monks and $299 for shell is a stupid good deal...
I have the Norwich in calf and I like them a lot. Pretty versatile shoe.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Yeah.  Agh, I can't decide.  I just bought calf daltons but I don't own any monks and $299 for shell is a stupid good deal...

Real life pic to push you over the edge!! They were stunning!

drbhrb

Reaction score
Real life pic to push you over the edge!! They were stunning!

Well that did convince me to call for them but I may be too late. They are looking for the pair to see if it already sold. May have sold in the past 30 minutes as I deliberated. You snooze you lose as they say.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Well that did convince me to call for them but I may be too late. They are looking for the pair to see if it already sold. May have sold in the past 30 minutes as I deliberated. You snooze you lose as they say.

Yea, I have a feeling if you want something you have to jump on it. Luckily for me they haven't returned my email, haha. It's OK as I already have 2 MTO in the works. I really don't need to be spending anymore!

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please pm me the contact info for the shoe bank, pleeeaassseeee :)

dancingbear

Reaction score

I too wish we could get a clear answer on this. IIRC the Horween color designation of cappuccino was actually truffle. I can see AE trying out a new similar color that would be somewhere between the legacy brown and cappuccino that would be more plentiful. Or maybe it is a different finish on the brown shell that would resemble cappuccino, similar to the change in the burgundy earlier this year.

drbhrb

Reaction score
Woo! J'ville found the Norwich and it's all mine. My sixth AE but the first in shell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads