• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Flyswatter,

I just wanted to let you know that there are Factory Seconds Amoks in Tan Suede and Brogue Suede going for $99.
Call up your favourite SA to enquire! Also, I don't think the Jeffersonville 20% applies because they are on closeout.

Thanks for the heads-up! It would be really tempting if they had snuff suede, as I don't really care for the tan or brogue. Maybe someone else will take advantage of this info though. :)

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd take a couple comparison shots of Townley vs. Clifton. The Clifton is much sleeker (8 last vs. 1 last). Alas, the Cliftons are not shell....

Last edited:

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Anyone else started skipping any post involved in the Great Dominican Republic Debate?

Sure wish I had gotten those Townleys!
baldy[1].gif

Last edited:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KMD, thanks for posting that pic, makes me even more glad that i gave in an ordered my pair. i love the clifton for business wear, but was hoping that the townley would be more jeans-appropriate. :slayer:

Last edited:

DJTraveler

Reaction score
Just purchased the bourbon Strands. I'm leaning toward colored laces. Any recommendations on color?

Last edited:

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Just purchased the bourbon Strands. I'm leaning toward colored laces. Any recommendations on color?

I really like the lime green laces Sizzle posted here, but navy blue would look awesome as well.

900x900px-LL-6e39d55a_IMG_6264.jpeg

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Neither of these shed a very favorable light on the practice of manufacturing shoes in any place other than the USA , England and perhaps Italy but what really is amazing is the number of people seem to belive that the motivation for doing so could be anything other than profit pure and simple .
I suppose the acceptance of such a thing is only to be expected in an age when companies no longer make " things " but rather make " money" .
I saw a film clip the other night of Oliver Stone expressing his dismay over the fact that rather than being an object of derision Gorden Gekko turned out to be a role model for a generation of MBA's. We are all aware of where thats gotten us.
Mediahound I just wanted to let you know that whether I agree with you or not I do appreciate your introducing this matter here and motivatig me to do a little reseach into something I was not aware of .
MWS thanks for the links

stgrim

Reaction score

I apologize in advance for the crummy picture, but the Fedex man just showed up with my new bourbon Strands.

This picture tempts me to buy bourbon strands just so I can put on pink laces!

robbrechter

Reaction score
Re-asking my question on Bourbon shoes: If I hit them with Reno'Mat and then polish them back up with Walnut (as AE recommends), am I going to lose some of/all of the tonality of the shoe?

Reason I ask is that there are some scuffs and other problem spots and I'm hesitant to even use anything for fear of losing the great color variation.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In this case, it was the last minute or so. They went for $142. Steal of a deal.
Sniping in the last few minutes happens frequently. I always bid the maximum I am comfortable with and watch how it unfolds. Most of the awesome items I've found on EBay have involved someone trying to snipe them in the last minute.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Re-asking my question on Bourbon shoes: If I hit them with Reno'Mat and then polish them back up with Walnut (as AE recommends), am I going to lose some of/all of the tonality of the shoe?

Reason I ask is that there are some scuffs and other problem spots and I'm hesitant to even use anything for fear of losing the great color variation.

In my experience renomat is fairly non aggresive in comparison to most solvents ,like say acetone, on factory applied dyes .I have found you really have to " git after it"to do any damage . Try it in a non conspicuious area like the inside heel quarter but im pretty sure it will do what you want without a problem. That really is what it is made to do

cdmcallister

Reaction score

Just purchased the bourbon Strands.  I'm leaning toward colored laces.  Any recommendations on color?

Get the box set from AE. Only 19.99 right now and you'll have them all. The bourbon strands look great with blue, green, and purple. Those are the laces I wear most often with mine depending on shirt, etc.

MDeKelver

Reaction score

Try it just with wax. Or, work on the problem spots with tinted wax or cream. Let them have their personality.

M

theclipper

Reaction score

Hey Flyswatter,

I just wanted to let you know that there are Factory Seconds Amoks in Tan Suede and Brogue Suede going for $99.
Call up your favourite SA to enquire! Also, I don't think the Jeffersonville 20% applies because they are on closeout.

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered a pair of Tan Suede Amoks. Do they charge tax on out of state phone orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads