• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwatts2005

Reaction score

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the olive. Might be a nice choice.

I have no idea what happened there. I know that people can request extra burnishing on the heel/toe as part of the MTO/SMU program, so maybe these were supposed to have extra burnishing on the toes but not quite as much as they put on, and thus they were returned or rejected?

Very nice. Looking great.

I posted the Dark Chili Strands earlier. Bob's Chili and Dark Chili are the same thing - Bob's Chili is the marketing name for Dark Chili. If you order a pair of shoes in Bob's Chili, they will just say "Dark Chili" on the box. Just like Oxblood is, for marketing purposes, sometimes referred to as "Jose's Oxblood".

Thanks for that clarification. It's confusing with so many names.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
With regards to the variations in colors and burnishing, I think it also makes a huge difference with each style. For example, I love my bourbon Strands, but I've seen the bourbon Lowry Hill, and to me it didn't look nearly as good in person. It's like certain shoes look better in some colors than others.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great. Which brown is that?
Thanks. Official color is "chocolate" brown. I'll get a better pix next time.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.5 3E, baby. Amazon only stocks 3E in about half of the styles...
Figures. There are only Brooks 5th Aves in our size and a Brooks Presidio in 11 3E. I find the following offering at Brooks interesting, although only in D. Shows the power of the MTO? Presenting the Linen Carlyle:
Ugh...damn impulse purchases. Going to be perfect for the Derby parties :)

mrfixit

Reaction score
Hook em!

Sane

Reaction score
So I'm ordering a pair of McAllisters (as some may recall... thank you all again for the help, and a big thanks to JS!), however I'm worried about the fit. I normally wear a size 11.5 US and for width I'm on the higher side of D (E works in many shoe), however this is my first good dress shoe so I can't be entirely sure my sizing is perfect. Plus I've heard these can run a bit long and narrow.

So my questions are:
1. Do these run true to fit?
2. Do you think I should opt for firsts for my first pair since I'll have the option of free exchanges for any size/width until I get my perfect match?
I was planning on getting seconds shipped out tomorrow, but this fitting delima is causing me to reconsider... an extra $60 for gauranteed perfection and finding my perfect fit for my new favorite shoe brand doesn't seem like a bad investment.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After hemming and hawing over possible MTOs during this sale, I decided that I really just wanted a pair of Neumoks in Olive. Tried them on with some green socks for teh giggles.

I'm still sad that I gave up my pair of Rush Streets in Olive when they were on sale, but these Neumoks are actually more comfortable and were a good bit cheaper. A few imperfections as expected for seconds, but for ultra-casual shoes, I can live with them.

I wonder how they will turn out if one dyes them to medium-dark shades of brown. It would make it quite a deal for $100.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm ordering a pair of McAllisters (as some may recall... thank you all again for the help, and a big thanks to JS!), however I'm worried about the fit. I normally wear a size 11.5 US and for width I'm on the higher side of D (E works in many shoe), however this is my first good dress shoe so I can't be entirely sure my sizing is perfect. Plus I've heard these can run a bit long and narrow.

So my questions are:
1. Do these run true to fit?
2. Do you think I should opt for firsts for my first pair since I'll have the option of free exchanges for any size/width until I get my perfect match?
I was planning on getting seconds shipped out tomorrow, but this fitting delima is causing me to reconsider... an extra $60 for gauranteed perfection and finding my perfect fit for my new favorite shoe brand doesn't seem like a bad investment.
11E - and if that works thank me later :)

ultravisitor

Reaction score
Nice find! I spotted those on the Shoebank the other night but could not find a picture. Looks like a great casual shoe.

Hmmm, it's on the 108 last. Not sure how I fit in those, compared to the 65.

I wear the same size across those two lasts.

MUFCreddevil

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the Bourbon Strands today!
biggrin.gif
I was so used to seeing Walnut in person that I was surprised how "dark" the Bourbon turned out. 12.5D so they have to build them as they didn't have them in stock. Next on my list McAllister in Merlot and Walnut!

Sane

Reaction score
11E - and if that works thank me later :)

Definitely 11E for the McAllisters if I'm sized at low end of 11.5 and high end of D? Would you say you're sure enough that you think I'd be safe ordering 2nds even though there's a restocking fee if the shoe needs to be exchanged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members