• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this normal? I always thought the tongue on the Dalton is one piece. These are first quality by the way

That is new...seems stitched to the eyelets higher also, wonder if that is to stop the sideways falling tongue many have happen

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
That is new...seems stitched to the eyelets higher also, wonder if that is to stop the sideways falling tongue many have happen
It's not a bad Idea - looks like it may help with some of the bunching of the tongue that occurs as well. Maybe a bit more restrictive putting on and taking off, though.

YoungSweet

Reaction score

It's not a bad Idea - looks like it may help with some of the bunching of the tongue that occurs as well.  Maybe a bit more restrictive putting on and taking off, though. 

I think you're right, here is the new Dalton picture on the website, I can see the stitch on the tongue. I guess it's normal, definitely keeping the boots

Here is the comparison picture to the older color

Last edited:

DJTraveler

Reaction score
I think you're right, here is the new Dalton picture on the website, I can see the stitch on the tongue. I guess it's normal, definitely keeping the boots

Here is the comparison picture to the older picture

Speaking of the walnut Dalton, it's 20% off at Nordstrom right now.

Josh Savage

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

This is always a sweet moment.  I came home a few weeks ago and found the brown box waiting for me -- Shell Leeds (2nd, $325 -- beautiful!)  

Sweet indeed! Wore them out tonight for a few hours. Already in love. They started pretty stiff, but loosened up a lot over just a couple hours. So happy I bit the bullet and bought them.

RichieP

Reaction score

It was 21 degrees this morning in OKC so it is officially boot season.

Inaugural run for my new Shaker Heights - best $127 I have spent in a along time

Chris

Just got down to freezing today in Austin, and I too am on a maiden voyage. Loving them so far. What a steal.

Are both of those Chili? How did you size them compared to a 5-last shoe? I still keep my eye on these and my trigger finger gets itchy... Just haven't been able to try one on.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came home to find these.

One of AE's best models. When I got my macneils, I couldn't help be in awe of all the brogueing and handiwork it took to make such a shoe. Congrats!

jch1

Reaction score
The "brown" Bleecker Street seconds I purchased just yesterday arrived today. Unfortunately, like someone else here recently had happen, they are actually bourbon. Not only is the color of the leather decidedly bourbon- I can see the walnut on non-visible portions of the tongue- but they also have the black welt and edge color that the walnuts come with. Huge bummer as there are no other BS seconds in brown anywhere near my size. I'm hoping for some kind of awesome miracle where I'm offered firsts for a steep discount.

Also, seconds boots are on sale for 20% off according to shoebank.com

Josh Savage

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

One of AE's best models. When I got my macneils, I couldn't help be in awe of all the brogueing and handiwork it took to make such a shoe.  Congrats!

Yeah. I'm totally in love. I really liked my McTavish wings, but there is really no comparison to these. All my AEs are nice. These are a whole different level.

kentyman

Reaction score
Are both of those Chili? How did you size them compared to a 5-last shoe? I still keep my eye on these and my trigger finger gets itchy... Just haven't been able to try one on.

Yep, both Chili.

I wear 8.5D/E in calf/shell 5-65 balmorals, and 9D in the 1-511 calf/shell Dalton (though the calf feels a tad narrower). I tried 8.5D and 9D in the Shaker Heights and the 9D fits perfectly. Quite comfortable.

kentyman

Reaction score
Update on my "squeaky" boots issue:

I conditioned the tongue with AE conditioner/cleaner and the squeak is gone!

My new Shaker Heights squeaked all day, though I didn't seem to mind for some reason. If it continues, I'll follow your lead. Thanks for the update.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, seconds boots are on sale for 20% off according to shoebank.com
If they bring down the price of those Portlands to $150 or $127 like the other closeout boots they would be mine already! I've been eyeing them for months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members