• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkySaw

Reaction score
It was pouring rain today, so I wore my pebble grain Kiowas with dainite sole. I put a few coats of polish on when they were new, and I give them an extra coat every now and then, as they are my go-to shoes when it rains. Now I almost enjoy rainy days - these shoes are incredibly comfortable, and are so far standing up to the elements very well. Very happy with them!

Appleanche

Reaction score
Ugh I hate that they put the prices up - I was ready to buy a pair of Daltons in seconds but now I won't
frown.gif

Appleanche

Reaction score
Just call them and ask for the lower price. They published a sales ad with the lower price, they will likely honor it.

I might - I saw on Reddit that a store told them it was only a one or two day thing - so who knows.

At $269 I'd rather get a MTO Long Branch.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I might - I saw on Reddit that a store told them it was only a one or two day thing  - so who knows.

At $269 I'd rather get a MTO Long Branch. 
Unless you have 11 others to jump in, you would need to add $125 custom fee so that brings it back up to dalton territory. Unless the LB is available in the online custom tool.

Appleanche

Reaction score
Unless you have 11 others to jump in, you would need to add $125 custom fee so that brings it back up to dalton territory. Unless the LB is available in the online custom tool.

Is the custom fee new?

I didn't have one last time (late spring)

Last edited:

Appleanche

Reaction score
Paul discontinued the deal where they waived the MTO fee for SF members, so you have to pay the regular MTO fee.

Ah poo, oh well. I figured that would have to come to an end at some point. Glad I got one in before.

Oh well - I don't need another pair of boots at this point, never mind dress ones with a leather sole going into the winter.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polojock615

So let's propose this:

Strand
Burgundy shell cordovan
Independence lining & insole
Medium brown transparent edge dressing
Brown normal welt
Single JR sole

UPDATE!!! – We now have 9 in for the Strand. We only need 3 more!

@Polojock615
@Cxk5075
@Heldentenor
@Gatszu
@FatTuesday
@Suitntieguy
@Indyoshi68
@sungmineyo
@Shawnc

Who else is in?

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Strand in Bob's Chili has been taunting me from the Shoebank for a few days now. I may have to end my dress calf moratorium . . .

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have to end my dress calf moratorium . . .

That's funny - I've been shunning dress calf as well. Not deliberately. That is until they significantly reduced the Daltons... The other tempting calf shoes for me are the chili McGregors.

Edit: As I type this, there is an AE ad in the side bar featuring the McGregors. I can't hold out much longer!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads