• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

srolaser

Reaction score

srolaser

Reaction score

Sorry, here's the pic:

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
MTO Fifth Street in Bourbon. Came in with the wrong edge dressing color, dark brown instead of the requested toasted. But they are beauties!

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New eagle sighting. I was pleasantly surprised last Saturday when the package arrived. I spoke to Allison on Wed to confirm payment via credit card. I guess she sent it via 2-day delivery.

I had to wait a bit longer for these to get manufactured because my original order was for Walnut Grain. But the first one got damaged during lasting and we had to come-up with an alternate material. Very pleased with the Chili Grain.

1038 Chili Calf Grain
Dark Brown Upper Stitching
Brown Split Reverse Welt
Dainite Outsole
Midsole
Light Brown Transparent Edge
Brass Eyelets

Great colors...

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
They look great. I haven't seen them in person. You think they'd work just fine in a formal event with a navy suit? (not black tie formal-just formal)
They are great with a nay suit or a various light or medium grey suits. I have a summer tan suit that they look amazing with.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look great. I haven't seen them in person. You think they'd work just fine in a formal event with a navy suit? (not black tie formal-just formal)

No. If it's a formal event, you should wear black shoes with your navy suit.

evilWagon

Reaction score
That's the best detailed in the wild shot of the Golden Brown CXL I've seen so far, definitely going to jump on a pair of those rush streets now.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Another question about Allen Edmonds seconds! I ordered Elgins during their two pairs for $250 sale, and thought they looked great -- there was a little irregularity in the leather between the cap and the throat, but it was difficult to detect. Then I realized that they had sent me 14EEE instead of 14E, so I returned them, and the pair they sent me in exchange has a left shoe that is noticably darker than the right shoe. Also, though I've worn a 15 in Allen Edmonds, and a 14 regular is a little too narrow for me, these are just a touch too wide, and my heel slides around a bit when I walk in them. I wouldn't think of returning them if the width was the only issue -- I'd just insert a tongue pad or something -- but combined with the appearance, I am thinking of returning them. I dont' want to be the guy who buys seconds and then nit-picks about them; I have no problem with my Dalton seconds, and wouldn't have had a problem with my original pair of Elgins, if they had actually been the size I ordered. But I don't know what to do here. Any advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members