• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSizzle

Reaction score
Does anyone have any action shots of the Franciscan captoe monk, its on the same last as the Neumora I believe, or the Norwich, in the market for a monkstrap and cant decide which i like.

The Quintessential Gentleman posted this image on AE's Facebook page, and it's exactly how I would burnish the toe if I got them. It looks way better than the image on the AE site.

JDMills

Reaction score
Wow those are nice, I agree, love AE but I find the colours to be so bland and monochromatic, looks awesome with a burnished toe.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrick B: the Saphir cordovan creme in neutral does a good job of moisturizing dry shell and giving it a shine.

thanks for the heads up. I have Saphir cordovan paste wax but use it in such small amounts. I've never gone the neutral route but it may be worth a try. After reading your post last night, I took a look at my Leeds and Macneil and found them to appear quite dry as expected. I ran out of Renovateur a couple of months ago. I decided to take a brush to them ala the Mac method and low and behold, they came right back with a simple brushing. No product needed at all. Perhaps I should have just been brushing them every week rather than applying renovateur every month. It took a significant amount of brushing but they look great.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mora 7E (top) vs Neumora 7D (Bottom). Also the Neumora (current version) has the clasp secured to shoe with elastics rather than leather.

The Mora vs. Neumora debate reminds me of New Coke vs. Classic Coke. The Mora was a damn fine looking shoe. To my eye, it trumps the Neumora in every regard. Even the leather in your picture looks better (which could very well be your care regimen).

That said, in the new vs. old debate...AE sure got it right with the new shell burgundy (IMO of course).

OptoDoc

Reaction score
^

I'm so looking forward to getting a pair of these. I'd love them in brown and black. I just can't bring myself to pay full price for them. Do you know if Lands' End ever puts them on sale? There are never any seconds of these available in my size.

Last edited:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Wow! That's amazing!

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the cleaning help. It truly is a transformation. There was a ton of built up wax on them. You should see the t-shirt I used!

OptoDoc

Reaction score
^

Agreed. Bang up job, Al. I'm wearing my walnut Strands today, complete with olive green corduroys for St. Patty's.

Last edited:

jjr4884

Reaction score
The nuemora's are pretty solid. They actually have a good looking chiseled toe. One or the more stylish pairs of AE's in my mind.

I don't wear mine often but they do look pretty fantastic. I love mine. I'll wear them tonight.

jjr4884

Reaction score
Bored and hungover, time to touch up the shoes

Magnanni Mateo and Cole Haan chukkas, my favorite and most worn in the entire line up right now

Broke the shells out yesterday for St. Patty's day (wear green at work)

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too - I kind of hope that it's a couple months off, because Uncle Sam has his hand deep in my pocket next month...

P.s. nice analysis, Cold Iron. Beautiful pics too!
Thanks bucksfan and I hear you about that tax man, both Uncle and his nephew the State.

Thanks for that write-up, Cold Iron. I am slightly envious of your walnut shell options. Seeing them next to walnut calf models makes me realize two things. First, of course I love walnut calf. Second, walnut shell is even better.

Now, having some spare time on my hands, and a small blemish on the toe cap of one of my pairs of Strands, I took a quick attempt at a light antiquing job (cross-post from the shoe care thread). I think, for calf, they turned out reasonably well, even if the lighting makes it seem like I didn't reach near the welt line, which I actually did polish...

Wow Sizz!! I do believe you could give Ron Rider a run for the money. Beautifully done.

My Strands after Renomat and one pass with Renovateur. Renomat truly is amazing stuff.

Before:

After:
Absolutely fantastic results! I like your "new" pair of shoes a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members