• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not have a dog in this fight because the last does not work for me, but I agree that the OG correct toe cap and medallion are far better than the other. I am a sucker for a great medallion.
Well, I'm glad it was found. Just wish this was clarified prior to the start of the TS. I have a pair back from 2019 and definitely would have placed an order for one with the correct cap, but at this point I've got 2 orders in the system and doubtful that I could afford to go back and order a third pair just to get the "new" cap.

Hopefully this model will be back sooner rather than later. Maybe a calf version? Shell is great, but the calf versions posted here from time to time look fantastic as well!

Yeah I’m troubled. I bought in 2019, and I think the original cap and medallion fit the show better, but things have gone so casual now that a proper 5th street doesn’t fit my wardrobe better than a Hamilton, so…I think my second order in this show will be for a Freeport. I’ll get a Hamilton with the reverse-split welt next year

Peitron

Reaction score
...At some point between TS19 and now, we found the correct cap toe dye and used that for the other color samples.

To be clear, all Fifth Street pairs for this trunk show will feature the original cap, true to the classic pattern. (...) I truly believe having the original, correct pattern makes this style even more desirable. Examples of the correct and incorrect cap-toe and medallion are below. If you have questions, reach out to your local sales associate or our Consumer Care team.

Correct Cap-Toe and Medallion
View attachment 1836751

Incorrect Cap-Toe and Medallion
View attachment 1836752

Thank you Lauren! You made my day! I've been complaining to Customer Care about the incorrect photos. I really wanted the classic cap-toe design. Now my Natty Fifths with Double JR will be perfect!

super-feliz-alegre (1).gif

Peitron

Reaction score
Yeah I’m troubled. I bought in 2019, and I think the original cap and medallion fit the show better, but things have gone so casual now that a proper 5th street doesn’t fit my wardrobe better than a Hamilton, so…I think my second order in this show will be for a Freeport. I’ll get a Hamilton with the reverse-split welt next year

Look at the bright side. Your 2019 TS Fifths are now a rare and unique collector's item.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to the discerning eye of some in the group, we have been made aware of a discrepancy in the cap-toe on the Fifth Street boot samples. The Navy, Green and Black images online and Navy samples in host stores feature the same cap-toe as the Strand. This is different than the other colors on the website and than the Fifth Street originally included. When we brought the Fifth Street back in 2019 for a trunk show, we couldn't locate the correct cap-toe panel, so we used the Strand cap instead. Some of those samples made their way into our host stores and images of them were posted to our website in Navy, Green and Black. At some point between TS19 and now, we found the correct cap toe dye and used that for the other color samples.

To be clear, all Fifth Street pairs for this trunk show will feature the original cap, true to the classic pattern. This cap is show in the Marbled Chili sample image online. It does not have pinking along the seam and includes a different medallion than Strand. We apologize for the oversight in including 2019 samples. I truly believe having the original, correct pattern makes this style even more desirable. Examples of the correct and incorrect cap-toe and medallion are below. If you have questions, reach out to your local sales associate or our Consumer Care team.

View attachment 1836751

View attachment 1836752
@AE_Lauren this news sure hurts. I was able to take solace in the fact that the Fifth Street was an imposter. Now, the only thing holding me back is the inferior size run. I am literally 1/3 of an inch away.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the discerning eye of some in the group, we have been made aware of a discrepancy in the cap-toe on the Fifth Street boot samples. The Navy, Green and Black images online and Navy samples in host stores feature the same cap-toe as the Strand. This is different than the other colors on the website and than the Fifth Street originally included. When we brought the Fifth Street back in 2019 for a trunk show, we couldn't locate the correct cap-toe panel, so we used the Strand cap instead. Some of those samples made their way into our host stores and images of them were posted to our website in Navy, Green and Black. At some point between TS19 and now, we found the correct cap toe dye and used that for the other color samples.

To be clear, all Fifth Street pairs for this trunk show will feature the original cap, true to the classic pattern. This cap is show in the Marbled Chili sample image online. It does not have pinking along the seam and includes a different medallion than Strand. We apologize for the oversight in including 2019 samples. I truly believe having the original, correct pattern makes this style even more desirable. Examples of the correct and incorrect cap-toe and medallion are below. If you have questions, reach out to your local sales associate or our Consumer Care team.

View attachment 1836751

View attachment 1836752
May have to order some more Fifth Street boots...ugh! I love the original toe cap and now that it's confirmed, may have to get Burgundy, Navy, AND Green... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that they offer the Hamilton with split-reverse welt as an option 🤞🤞🤞

Hoping @AE_Lauren will communicate this up to the powers that be to make it happen! Shell Hamilton with Split-Reverse Welt customization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members