• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As always, great pairs! I was wondering about you; I feel like I haven’t seen you past in ages!

Thank you, cant wait!

I decided that I possess more shoes than I could ever need, yet kept finding one more that I need...
So now I pass by here occasionally for a smile, like a few posts BUT I get out before the bug to buy footwear hits. :)

Sold my company to my lead employee & now preparing to sell my primary house
-storage for my footwear collection has gone from unlimited to quite limited...

Still celebrating footwear AND appreciating AE every day. :)

autococker007

Reaction score
one in both my email and one that was attached to the most recent product catalog

Well dang, I keep getting the free shipping over $100 in email, I have never received a catalog, but thats not surprising a lot of our mail seems to get "lost".

Thanks for the heads up, off to scour for coupons LOL

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two days of summer left! Thought I’d give the Ridgefield one more run in the 88F of Charleston SC.
473FC622-D313-4CBC-9685-9D5B19CF44D7.jpeg

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one in both my email and one that was attached to the most recent product catalogue.
I think the eligibility of this coupon will be the last nudge I need to get a shaved chili carlyle and then explain to my wife why I bought another pair of shoes with like 6 BNIB pairs of shell. I did list 2 of them, mostly met with auto rejected lowball offers though.

blewnote1

Reaction score
I think the eligibility of this coupon will be the last nudge I need to get a shaved chili carlyle and then explain to my wife why I bought another pair of shoes with like 6 BNIB pairs of shell. I did list 2 of them, mostly met with auto rejected lowball offers though.

I'm not your wife, but I have to ask, why bother buying more shoes if you don't plan to wear them, or even wear the ones you have? I love buying new (or at least new to me) shoes (and clothes) as well, but I wear all of them, unless they're very uncomfortable. It especially makes me scratch my head given the premium price on shell, like don't you have better things for that money to do besides sit in a box in your closet collecting dust?

Or if you really just like the buying part, I'll let you know what I want (but can't afford) and you can buy them and hold on to them for a little while before sending them to me and I'll put them to good use! :rotflmao:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not your wife, but I have to ask, why bother buying more shoes if you don't plan to wear them, or even wear the ones you have? I love buying new (or at least new to me) shoes (and clothes) as well, but I wear all of them, unless they're very uncomfortable. It especially makes me scratch my head given the premium price on shell, like don't you have better things for that money to do besides sit in a box in your closet collecting dust?

Or if you really just like the buying part, I'll let you know what I want (but can't afford) and you can buy them and hold on to them for a little while before sending them to me and I'll put them to good use! :rotflmao:
I always plan to wear them lol. That initial wear is always the hardest one for me. I had the space and it didn't matter. Now I have half a closet and need to be more aware of the space I take up for shoes. COVID also impacted how quickly I'd break out a pair because I wasn't wearing any. So a stockpile if new pairs grew. Once I realized some of the stuff I got no longer fit what I wanted to wear I didn't wear them and have a hard time bringing myself to sell them. In this particular case, I had passed on getting a shell carlyle many trunk shows ago because I was already at like 4 purchased pairs for the event. I regret that I didn't get a pair then (would have been navy shell). Now the carlyle has returned and I quite like that marbled chili so here we are!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I have it mostly figured out...

Chili Carlyle on single JR with Chili welt
Marbled Chili 5th Street on single JR with Antique welt

But should I do the Chili welt instead of Antique on the 5th, or do we think that Antique is definitely the play here? I only have a slightly doubt because I have the 1st Ave in Antique Cherry on the Buff welt, and was curious as to whether the chili welt would help differentiate the two boots some.

pbrandes

Reaction score
IMO a lighter welt like Antique tends to make a shoe or boot more fun and casual which leans in to marbled coloring. A chili or brown welt would lean in to the more dress boot aspects of the 5th (closed lacing and flat welt) and differentiate it more from your 1st Ave. It depends which way you want the 5th to lean, there really isn't a bad choice.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing black Rutledges today. Wore them to the barber shop to get them shined. When I shined them have never been able to get them as shiny as I wanted. Here's how they looked after being shined at the barber shop.

IMG_2951.jpeg

For fans of action pictures in shoe threads, here's Gus starting on my left shoe. They haven't been shined yet, so you can see how they looked before Gus shined them.

IMG_2949.jpeg

Here's a picture of Gus from December 2017. A friend from out of town was visiting and he wanted to get his shoes shined, so I took him to the barber shop I have been going to since the late seventies and Gus shined his shoes.

P1100626.jpeg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting the shearling-lined Higgins Mill but skipping the trunk show. We haven’t quite fully recovered from my wife’s recent hospital stay and her missing a month of work afterwards. We also had to finalize another recent expense that had been planned for a couple of months.

6DC88039-AF4C-4743-AFA9-B405599E86B0.jpeg

He’s still pretty small — about 3-1/2 pounds.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting the shearling-lined Higgins Mill but skipping the trunk show. We haven’t quite fully recovered from my wife’s recent hospital stay and her missing a month of work afterwards. We also had to finalize another recent expense that had been planned for a couple of months.

View attachment 1834595
He’s still pretty small — about 3-1/2 pounds.

What does a Bigglesworth run a guy these days? Did you have to pay extra for the eyeballs, or is the below example just someone’s odd eyeball-less spec?

1D08A850-CDE9-4D73-8A1B-0474340FDF02.jpeg D1F2D931-D0A3-4008-A00A-BCEFC7E81499.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads