• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My local store manager texted me to let me know that the $75 off coupon will work for TS purchase as long as you order before the coupon expires….

Thank you for the weasel PSA!
I just ordered a brown pair of Freeports on double JR w natty welt.
--2 days left for that coupon!

Been thinking about ordering, so wore some old TS natty in last few days:
IMG_0312.jpeg

IMG_0012 2.jpeg

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder about the coupon @BagleyBrown. Not sure a $75 off coupon should make the difference - but I am a sucker for a deal!

For my fellow weasels: help me compare apples to apples... is there a difference in fit between the Fifth and Hamilton? Wondering if the differences in welt, cap, and vamp affect fit or not.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder about the coupon @BagleyBrown. Not sure a $75 off coupon should make the difference - but I am a sucker for a deal!

For my fellow weasels: help me compare apples to apples... is there a difference in fit between the Fifth and Hamilton? Wondering if the differences in welt, cap, and vamp affect fit or not.
Even though the insole is different, full leather vs padded, the fit is as close to the same as AE ever has been.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Time to thin the herd - Part 1
All are 10 1/2 E.
All in this post are $90 + $10 for shipping.

Message me with questions or for more pics.

Loden Acheson

View attachment 1834104 View attachment 1834105 View attachment 1834106

Bone Amok

View attachment 1834107 View attachment 1834108 View attachment 1834109

Brown Walton

View attachment 1834110 View attachment 1834111 View attachment 1834112

Grey McTavish (with box!)

View attachment 1834113 View attachment 1834114 View attachment 1834115

Love the trunk. I have two myself.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though the insole is different, full leather vs padded, the fit is as close to the same as AE ever has been.
So does the Fifth Street have the same insole as the shoes like Park Ave and Strand? My Hamiltons have more of a padded insole with a wrap that goes up on the medial side of the arch.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My pair from 2019 is just a standard insole. Not padding.
@AE_Lauren do you happen to have info on the type of insole that will be used on the Fifth Street boot? And do you have the proper names for these insole types, even the insole type used on the Hamilton?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So does the Fifth Street have the same insole as the shoes like Park Ave and Strand? My Hamiltons have more of a padded insole with a wrap that goes up on the medial side of the arch.

I've seen several shoes of the same kind have half-insoles, full leather insoles, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads