• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In general, I agree with this. However, I got marbled black Freeports and most of them are black with very little marbling. I was _extremely_ disappointed with mine because of that and have not even worn them yet. Marbling is definitely a crap shoot - some are great, others not so much,
Pics, pls.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time for "Terrible Ebay photos of the week." TM The photo for this pair of Alden Chukkas is hard to beat for their level of terrible. This is the ONLY photo for the pair.

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.31.15 PM.png

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time for "Terrible Ebay photos of the week." TM The photo for this pair of Alden Chukkas is hard to beat for their level of terrible. This is the ONLY photo for the pair.

View attachment 1814331

I'd ask if Spiderman took these photos from the angle, but then I remember Peter Parker was a photographer for the Daily Bugle and would never have messed up this bad.

Rithrin

Reaction score

View attachment 1814331

I mean, at least you can see the genuine Alden logo, right??

For a good eBay experience, these brown suede Malverns were picked up at a ridiculously low price without apparent defects or reason one would ditch it dirt cheap. Gave 'em the old sanitization wipe and UV bath, then off we went.

1658346747587.png
1658346771896.png

1658346844120.png

Yep, keepers. Happy eBay hunting, all!

Geoff928

Reaction score
A few pictures from this week.

It's Wednesday, happy WTW.
20220720_130759.jpg

20220720_130956.jpg

Love the Cigar color.
20220711_180928.jpg

20220711_181050.jpg

Coffee time.
20220720_123322.jpg

20220720_123313.jpg

At a client's.
20220713_122809.jpg

I've been trying all kinds of color combos for the Strandmoks.
20220720_122042.jpg

I'm not seeing a lot of excitement for the current drop. I think the shoes look nice. Alas, I had my money earmarked for something in football grain. After the self-created disappointment of no football grain, I tried to win a bunch of auctions on ebay. I lost at the last second every single time. If any of you recently purchased some 10D Macneils, congratulations. *sigh*

Hey @AE_Lauren , I have a quick question about the new Siena. This shoe, https://www.allenedmonds.com/product/mens-siena-cap-toe-oxford-3028219/chili-ec4500261 ,what last is it on? The Siena looks like a real winner to me, but I don't see any information on the last. Love the sole and what looks like increased arch support.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @AE_Lauren , I have a quick question about the new Siena. This shoe, https://www.allenedmonds.com/product/mens-siena-cap-toe-oxford-3028219/chili-ec4500261 ,what last is it on? The Siena looks like a real winner to me, but I don't see any information on the last. Love the sole and what looks like increased arch support.

It isn't on any of the current lasts I don't believe, or if it is, it is on one of the Italian lasts. The big winner in this lineup is the medallion version of the oxford. One thing I just don't like is the little tab where the laces and vamp meet. I have always associated that with cheap crappy dress shoes... (Also don't like that it is not offered in wide widths).

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non AE related-

I am looking into getting a pair of boots to wear when I visit job sites in various stages of completion (I'm in the architecture field now, for those who weren't aware). I do not need them to have steel toes, but I do need them to have a tread because I'll be walking on uneven surfaces. I'd like them to be waterproof. They need to be $200 or less.

I'm looking at Sorel primarily, but have also looked at Thursday. I'm just not familiar enough with Thursday to understand if they'd hold up, and if any of their products will resist weather the way I'm hoping.

1. Any opinions on either brand?
2. Any additional suggestions?

Serious bonus points if I can wear them outside of a worksite environment.

Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non AE related-

I am looking into getting a pair of boots to wear when I visit job sites in various stages of completion (I'm in the architecture field now, for those who weren't aware). I do not need them to have steel toes, but I do need them to have a tread because I'll be walking on uneven surfaces. I'd like them to be waterproof. They need to be $200 or less.

I'm looking at Sorel primarily, but have also looked at Thursday. I'm just not familiar enough with Thursday to understand if they'd hold up, and if any of their products will resist weather the way I'm hoping.

Have you tried Red Wing? $200 might be tough (but RW could be close)…

Also: Mrs. Vincent loves Dubarry (also not $200).

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non AE related-

I've been to Thursday Boots' store in NYC and their chromoxcel boot would almost certainly stand up to all sorts of stuff and if I am not mistaken, they got vibram cleated soles on 'em.

columnsofsteam

Reaction score

My wife has two pairs of Thursdays -- a pair of Natural CXL lace-ups that I don't think she's ever worn and a pair of olive suede Chelseas that she loves. The Chelseas have become one of her go-tos for our annual NYC trips, so while I don't know how they'd hold up to jobsite wear, they've shrugged off a few years' worth of rain/sleet/snow and are comfortable enough for her to walk around all day. Their new (to me, at least) lug-soled Chelseas might be more suitable though at the same time more difficult to wear outside of work.

It might also be worth looking into Blundstones, as their core models retail for just over $200 and Amazon's pricing algorithms occasionally let them dip lower. No personal experience, but I've heard enough good things that I'm considering picking up a pair for the cooler months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members