• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren_A

Reaction score
thanks. I might just use @AE_Lauren up north going forward. what's frustrating is my SA and his manager gave the best service for 5+ years but now both are gone.
Kyle is the best! It's tough when you've been working with the same salespeople for so many years and they leave the business. I'm happy to help out if you ever need it.

Lauren_A

Reaction score
That’s weak! Might I recommend Kyle at the South Coast Plaza store, he’ll take care of you.
Oh no! sorry to hear that, friend. I know they had a crazy day so it could have been a small mistake that slipped through the cracks. Dillon, the SM in LA is VERY helpful and knowledgeable. Were you able to reach out to them to rectify the issue?

Lauren_A

Reaction score
ordered my Natty Chandlers through the LA store yesterday over the phone, got the e-receipt and they charged me for V-tread sole. Ugh. I've had the worst luck with this store over the past year. The irony is the trunk show is actually there this weekend.
Oh no! sorry to hear that, friend. I know they had a crazy day so it could have been a small mistake that slipped through the cracks. Dillon, the SM in LA is VERY helpful and knowledgeable. Were you able to reach out to them to rectify the issue?

I meant to reply to this thread, oops haha.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct. I believe he left May 2021. Miss that guy!

I just checked another site and yes, he did move on to another company right after the 2021 trunk show (I was at that show in LA). That explains why I didn't get any emails from him. Bummer, but he was with AE for a long time. Are Dan and Kyle still at the Costa Mesa store?

Shoe Martian

Reaction score
Order is in for Navy Strands with Antique welt and double JR soles. Wearing Navy Oak Street’s, these have a touch of green for a deep blue sea vibe.
3D52BA0D-E20A-456C-A61F-D74F51A679FD.jpeg

32F603ED-3C2C-47C3-9560-B4D2C1E3882A.jpeg

Still deciding on a second pair from the Trunk Show. Leaning toward Fifth St in Burgundy, maybe with the Antique welt too. I can always recolor if it looks out of place. I would love the Green Randolph, but have never tried a pair and concerned they may slip, but 🤷🏻‍♂️ Teetering both ways, any input? Besides both?😂

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is why I have no interest in the Fifth Street.
2CCCEE55-051C-4C8E-91C5-5DB337890BDB.jpeg

The HamilStrand comes in a better size for me.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I have no interest in the Fifth Street.
View attachment 1836418
The HamilStrand comes in a better size for me.
Rumor has it next year’s trunk show will have then Hamilton instead of the Landon and the First Ave from the vault instead of 5th street

DawgPound

Reaction score
Whelp, I just submitted my trunk show order. Navy Strand on double JR with antique welt/edging. I wanted to make sure I was able to use the $75 off coupon before it expires tomorrow. I’m contemplating a second pair…something with that marbled chili. Just don’t know what yet and still have a few days to decide.

I guess I could have just quoted you and said ditto :cool:

Order is in for Navy Strands with Antique welt and double JR soles. Wearing Navy Oak Street’s, these have a touch of green for a deep blue sea vibe.
View attachment 1836400

View attachment 1836401

Still deciding on a second pair from the Trunk Show. Leaning toward Fifth St in Burgundy, maybe with the Antique welt too. I can always recolor if it looks out of place. I would love the Green Randolph, but have never tried a pair and concerned they may slip, but 🤷🏻‍♂️ Teetering both ways, any input? Besides both?😂

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whelp, I just submitted my trunk show order. Navy Strand on double JR with antique welt/edging. I wanted to make sure I was able to use the $75 off coupon before it expires tomorrow. I’m contemplating a second pair…something with that marbled chili. Just don’t know what yet and still have a few days to decide.

I guess I could have just quoted you and said ditto :cool:
Yeah. I am now leaning marbled chili Freeport on double JR with antique welt for my second pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads