• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The patina on those Leeds:

568CF0CF-4913-4207-B866-056DD0DD875D.gif

Rithrin

Reaction score
I would not be interested in that color.
It looks nice on the screen. I have a hard time thinking of how I would wear them though.
Same here. Very pretty color, but maybe only pairs with tan/khaki chinos and a light blue button up. It reminds me of easter eggs or something for Spring.

The only way for you to know..... Is to get your check book out and order pair. $650.

It's not that complicated. It's not cancer.

The dude spent his money on a pair of shoes that he likes. Simple.
I appreciate all of the comments and thoughts. When one has plenty of shoe options for formal and casual occasions, isn't it nice to have a little fun and occasionally splurge with a unique and bold makeup? When you do, I think that you find that it isn't that difficult to wear at all. We are all certainly blessed to have the means to be "shoe enthusiasts", and to have a brand in Allen Edmonds that has the capacity, vision and range to offer something for everyone's taste. Gentlemen, enjoy your footwear and wear them in good health!
I think the correct phrasing is "@suuteebird, please share pics of these shoes in action, as I want to learn from the master"

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not at all trying to be rude or insulting, but man, don't you think this is a really friggin' strange combination?

You have an cap toe oxford, one of the most formal shoes.

You then get it in marbled black shell cordovan, which gives you this whole watermelon effect that looks strange as hell. It definitely takes away from the formality of the cap toe.

...And then you make it a sneaker with this dodgeball blue sole?

Like, what's going on here?

How are you going to wear this? What outfit would this look good with? I just can't imagine the pairing. I can't imagine the occasion, either.
I for one, will never question another man’s shoe taste. May I refresh your memory of my Strands being years ahead of the chunky sole craze of 2022. Notice the Vibram sole.
DA03864D-D57F-422F-BFA8-BD21B20822ED.jpeg
891A7142-03E8-41E1-A786-F8B3E0AD7AD8.jpeg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of things people didn't like (for one reason or another)--any trunk show rejections that we might be able to browse, @ae_ashley ?

While on the topic of things we don’t like…I’m just to casually mention that smug and self righteous @BFT9000 and his tatty shoe collection.
Carry on.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While on the topic of things we don’t like…I’m just to casually mention that smug and self righteous @BFT9000 and his tatty shoe collection.
Carry on.

1648169077707.png

What's it like to live in a world where the thing you love no longer exists?

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carry on.
Today, my wife brought me a big birthday cake in to work at lunchtime. While my staff was enjoying the wonderful surprise, a young woman said to my wife, “Mrs. Shoenut you are so sweet, but how do you deal with your husband after all he is the walking definition of toxic masculinity”. My wife broke out her big adoring smile and said, “yes he certainly is and maybe you can find such a wonderful man for yourself”. She had a perplexed look on her face. Internally I was laughing ****** off.

Jax

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Today, my wife brought me a big birthday cake in to work at lunchtime. While my staff was enjoying the wonderful surprise, a young woman said to my wife, “Mrs. Shoenut you are so sweet, but how do you deal with your husband after all he is the walking definition of toxic masculinity”. My wife broke out her big adoring smile and said, “yes he certainly is and maybe you can find such a wonderful man for yourself”. She had a perplexed look on her face. Internally I was laughing ****** off.
Reverse the roles and tell me you wouldn't be fired for saying something like that.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reverse the roles and tell me you wouldn't be fired for saying something like that.
I certainly wouldn’t bring her to HR for saying something that she has been taught in her highly educated and indoctrinated world. My wife actually thought she was complimentary towards me. My wife and I live in our own Victorian age relationship that many would never understand in this day and age. I am the head of the house and she is the neck. We adore each other but our relationship is really on old fashioned battle of the brain.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New OG McTavish 9.5D. This is a killer deal and I’d buy them in a hot second if they fit. One of y’all need to snag these.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn’t bring her to HR for saying something that she has been taught in her highly educated and indoctrinated world. My wife actually thought she was complimentary towards me. My wife and I live in our own Victorian age relationship that many would never understand in this day and age. I am the head of the house and she is the neck. We adore each other but our relationship is really on old fashioned battle of the brain.
I have no idea what this means but I would give it a thousand likes if I could:rotflmao:

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

Timeout.

She called your wife Mrs. Shoenut?

I feel like that is the real story here.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fixed it for you sweet pea.

View attachment 1770716

Oof touched on a nerve did I?

Hey Eddy, check out these beautiful brown shell Macneils I picked up the other day.

1648175115819.png

Did you know they're size 9D? They don't even fit me that well.

Why did I buy them? So you'll never have the pleasure of owning them.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Oof touched on a nerve did I?

Hey Eddy, check out these beautiful brown shell Macneils I picked up the other day.

View attachment 1770730

Did you know they're size 9D? They don't even fit me that well.

Why did I buy them? So you'll never have the pleasure of owning them.

You need them more than I do.

One pair of Mac Neils will redeem your whole tawdry shoe collection (and possibly your wasted life).

I'm actually happy for you. One more Mac Neil convert. My work is almost done here.

MrOxford

Reaction score
You need them more than I do.

One pair of Mac Neils will redeem your whole tawdry shoe collection (and possibly your wasted life).

I'm actually happy for you. One more Mac Neil convert. My work is almost done here.
Eh.....certainly a....shoe-licious moment, here.

You, EdwardWilson, gotta pour yourself a serving of Glenlivet 18 to cherish this occasion. LoL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geborgenliebenswerter