• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A calf shark spectator might be interesting. Though, which leather for the wing? Shark or calf?

Black shark with white calf? Chili shark with Walnut calf? Black on black? Shark wings with stingray?
Wings and heel shark; keeps the heavy duty leather in higher chance damage zones and softer calf in flex area.
What about brown shark on white?.... or dark green and white?

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rush Street’s today
8434CD4C-890E-4B35-8FE3-69EBF170FB8A.jpeg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A calf shark spectator might be interesting. Though, which leather for the wing? Shark or calf?

Black shark with white calf? Chili shark with Walnut calf? Black on black? Shark wings with stingray?

Wings and heel shark; keeps the heavy duty leather in higher chance damage zones and softer calf in flex area.
What about brown shark on white?.... or dark green and white?

Just saw on the facebook group a guy paid like $35 for a nice pair of shark Florsheims on eBay. Usual sizers FTW.

RMB35

Reaction score
Gents: I was hoping to find out when the tent sale was this year to see if it would make sense scheduling Weaselcon around that. Here's the response from AE: "The tent sale is usually held during the summer. The dates do vary, so I would recommend signing up for our email updates to receive the latest on our sales."

Sooo...In absence of any intelligence on that yet, I'd like to float two possible weekends as initial options: June 21-23 or June 29-July1. Those who are interested, please weigh in on how these would work for you, either publicly or via PM to me.

Bernie
It has always (or at least last number of years) started the Thursday of Fathers Day weekend and then runs through the next weekend.

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning JA. Now I have this coming. Another $385 I did not need to spend. Part of me wants it to fit and part of me does not.
View attachment 932017

If thats the suede rogue, i cant fathom that ever working for you in a d width. I loved the style enough i got both the walnut & black - beatiful design, crushes the sanford, but wow does the cone feel raised. They feel super large, i get lots of creasing. Good luck - hope you can make em work.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. The MacNeil 2.0 has been replaced by the MacNeil.

Yes. They went back to no Poron insole. If you want the Poron insole, you can check out the Brooks Brothers version.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I was not particularly impressed with the leather on the new MacNeil. If you want a 1.0, I'd look for a nice vintage pair.

Thanks for the info. I was interested in trying the MacNeil 2.0 to see how the higher toe box fits. But sounds like it was a dud. Also probably changes the look of the shoe too much.

Not a fan of Poron; but I actually never have tried as it as a fit solution.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning gents. A second pair of Rush Street for your viewing pleasure today.

Chromexel really messes with cell phone cameras. I tried to edit these back to roughly what they look like, but was pressed for time.

IMG_20180226_073053-01.jpeg

IMG_20180226_073042-01.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads