• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok u Jeffersonians - how do I tell the Jefferson OG from the 2.0?

What last are they both on?

TIA!

Edit:
Ok, so the 2.0 is on the 201
If on the inside it says "the Jefferson" vs I assume Jefferson 2.0?
And 4 digit is 7605 and says "the Jefferson" - OG and 65 last?
Eventually, I will answer my own question!

Last edited:

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I have never received bags with clearance footwear, I just thought bags only came with firsts.
I've gotten bags with 2nds before and a pair of clearance but the clearance was about a year or so ago while the 2nds were just this last week. They were actually firsts but were at the Shoe Bank.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
I was brushing my McT's, and the wife showed me the shoes she wanted me to buy for her. They showed up today. Funny, she doesn't buy me shoes every time I see something I like...I guess that's the difference between sparkles and shell. Chip is on my side.

mine vs hers.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like I got lucky and got a recraftable pair from the MiUSA run!
Although my hand sewn shoes say made in the US and are recraftable, I think the moc is sewn in the DR and the shoe is soled and finished in the US. Makes you kind of wonder.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Man was 4/5 on my Shoe Bank purchases. Got the Mora and while one shoe was perfect the other had the Tiger stripes on it. Checked with the store and only ones. I did some conditioner and it did pull off some of the black. Just going to deal with it as I only paid $100 bucks for them.

Any other recommendations of tricks I could try with them? Here are some before pics when I just pulled them out.

631CFFC1-2610-4930-9A5A-550A648DDD18.jpeg

F43CA164-476C-4D6C-810E-419837CBBD0E.jpeg

ULCajun

Reaction score
Anyone have a good lead on natty cxl belts? The sun river was all scooped up. Took a look at Rancourt but $115 is pretty hefty

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have a good lead on natty cxl belts? The sun river was all scooped up. Took a look at Rancourt but $115 is pretty hefty
$115? That is shoe cost territory for me lately.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Several days ago, about 50 pages back, I said buying 3 pair did not mean keeping them all. True to form, two have arrived and both are going back. One left to arrive. It would be nice if they worked out.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
Man was 4/5 on my Shoe Bank purchases. Got the Mora and while one shoe was perfect the other had the Tiger stripes on it. Checked with the store and only ones. I did some conditioner and it did pull off some of the black. Just going to deal with it as I only paid $100 bucks for them.

Any other recommendations of tricks I could try with them? Here are some before pics when I just pulled them out.

View attachment 929213

View attachment 929215

WHAT Tiger striping????? Those look perfect.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Serious? Knowing me I would burn the shoe down!
Btw, madhat, Kristen has me up to 34 pairs now....I think I was at 25 at Jan 1......
Ha! Yeah, serious, but that's some serious nap on that shoe, so probably a bit more than you'd want to tackle.

Well done! Some of my acquisitions have been Alden or second hand so I can't tie them all to one person. ;D

View attachment 929213

View attachment 929215
Give them time. Some rounds of polishing will lessen them. You may also stop noticing/being bothered by them as you get some wear time.

Maiden Voyage of the Brown Shell Park Aves. Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

View attachment 929218

View attachment 929219
Swoon.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Technically, burgundy is a brown tone. ;p

What model? It sounds like there may be too much volume. Can you make it up by lacing the shaft? Likely. (I fight full closure issues with a lower volume foot.) Will it be ideal? No. It just depends if you want to take the chance.

Dalton boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads