• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "King" Longwing, and his court.
20180213_183920-1.jpg 20180213_211432-1.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gets better.

A prescription med (in its original, clearly-marked bottle) is also missing from my bag. That one was small enough they could have easily palmed it unnoticed. I'll be getting with AFOSI in the morning.

Stealing personal property is one thing. Stealing necessary medications from disabled veterans is ******* despicable.

Apologies on the language but this **** is absolutely out of control.
First of all, and most important- THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR NATION!
Second- stealing anything from anyone is f**king despicable and needs to be punished

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Shanleys have arrived. I went with chocolate suede and snuff seude. After all of the horrible things I read about the 222 last I was pleasantly surprised that they fit. The right side my be a little stretched.
As you can see it looks as though I got two of one color. Issue number one. Issue number two is that one is that they are clearly not the same size. Whoever is packaging these things needs some help
So in all I like the pair that fits but not sure which color it is

View attachment 925904

View attachment 925905

View attachment 925906
I find the color issue all the time. Especially with the burnished calf colors like dark chili. My second McNeil was labeled Dark chili with the dark chili item number and looked every bit of walnut to me. I am way past the stage to even worry about that anymore.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Shanleys have arrived. I went with chocolate suede and snuff seude. After all of the horrible things I read about the 222 last I was pleasantly surprised that they fit. The right side my be a little stretched.
As you can see it looks as though I got two of one color. Issue number one. Issue number two is that one is that they are clearly not the same size. Whoever is packaging these things needs some help
So in all I like the pair that fits but not sure which color it is

View attachment 925904

View attachment 925905

View attachment 925906
Those are really nice looking, the Stegosaurus socks just make the outfit

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ULCajun

Reaction score
Couldn’t pass up the Academy with an extra 20% off. I’m in way too deep this past month

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Also, my spider sense is giving me a bold prediction that there will be a 20% off splash sale on the clerance soon. I think there was one happening in Feb in the last few years.
BOOM. I called it. Damn, this may break my 2018 resolution.
Someone said it a few days ago, Tate collection at clearance suddenly looks better

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Catching up and mega-quoting again:
I really don’t get the trendy obsession with IPAs over the past few years.

If I wanted grapefruit juice, I would’ve ordered grapefruit juice.

(this is not a knock on you personally. I just really don’t get the love for them. Different strokes and such.)

Not all IPAs are fruity. In all honesty the good ones aren't. And FBB's stuff is all extremely drinkable.

I actually used to hate IPA’s- I thought they were too bitter (which makes the grapefruit comment funny, because I’ve always loved grapefruit). I was at a bar early last year, and when nothing on tap appealed to me, I decided to try an IPA and loved it. It’s weird how tastes can change.

As an aside, if either of you are ever in Houston, check out Whole Foods Brewing Company at the Whole Foods on Post Oak (the Galleria). In Texas, due to stupid/archaic blue laws, brew pubs can’t sell beer in cans off-site (so beer brewed at the Houston WF can’t be sold in cans at the Dallas WF, but can be served on draught at their bar). Since they’re one of two locations nationwide that brew on site, you can buy crowlers of anything they make. Point being- they put out a new beer every week, and they’ve been killing it with New England style IPAs.

If I'm not mistaken, they used Horween basketball leather for those.

Man, as if I didn’t want them enough already...

On a funner note, the brave men and women of the Austin TSA kept the skies safe from a terrorist tonight, by removing my jalapeno peach pecan jelly from my bag and placong it in her own. ****ing. purse. I called her out, had 5 cops come surround me (military traveling on orders mind you) and detain me until my flight left, then decide nothing was wrong and all just walked away. Including the TSA thief.

So now I'll be leaving tomorrow.

Wow, unbelievable.

I wish I could say unbelievable, but unfortunately, I’ve heard enough stories that nothing surprises me anymore...

I've eyeballed those NCAA shoes every year, but I've never pulled the trigger. I am glad they aren't available anymore. I'm not paying AE prices for a blue and white pair of shoes to wear to the NIT.

I wish they were available :(...

This is why I always travel with a jar of jalapeno peach pecan jelly laced with laxatives. In these troubling times, one should always be prepared.

This is solid advice :lol:

Gets better.

A prescription med (in its original, clearly-marked bottle) is also missing from my bag. That one was small enough they could have easily palmed it unnoticed. I'll be getting with AFOSI in the morning.

Stealing personal property is one thing. Stealing necessary medications from disabled veterans is ******* despicable.

Apologies on the language but this **** is absolutely out of control.

The jelly- it sucks, and she’s awful for putting it in her purse, and I hope she gets gnarly heartburn/indigestion from the jalapeños, but it is what it is.

The meds- nail her ass to the f*cking wall. I’m furious for you on this one, that’s some next-level bullsh*t

The "King" Longwing, and his court.

Stunning. That kind of makes me want to strip and refinish the sole edge on mine...

Edit- dumb question, because I know the “king wing” is the color 8 975, but are yours 975’s? I ask because they look super sleek in your photos, and I dont think there’s an angle where mine don’t look like clunkers lol

cardsfan89

Reaction score
Happy 20% off clearance day everyone! Don’t forget to check accessories/clothes. It seems like they’ve added quite a few things, including more totally frivolous (but cool!) $50-75 sport game-used bottle openers/wallets

The only shoes that are really tempting tempting me now are the snuff Strands, but even with the 20% off, $240 doesn’t seem like much of a deal... hoping I can wait and snag them cheaper with future markdowns

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads