• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figured I would post this here first before putting it up for sale in the B&S forum. Would anybody be interested in a pair of Natural Chromexcel Wingtip shoes - size 9.5D (on the modified last, of course)? Model number is 54222. I'm pretty sure they were a makeup for Moulded and a pic is available here.

I picked them up as seconds a couple of years ago and only worn them enough to get some minor creasing on them indoors. Soles are clean. If interested, PM me and I could post pictures. I'm not 100% on selling them but if there is significant interest, that will probably change my mind.

Thanks.

dusttruffle

Reaction score
Dear Alden Modified Last,

Why you hate my left foot whilst loving my right foot so much?

Your sincerely,

Me

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the details with the suggested revisions. Please post your feedback. I will see if I can find any reports of bleed through on the stitching. I will take a close look at my boots and take some photos tonight.

Last: Modified Last
Pattern: Indy Boot - As #41146H
Upper: Dark Brown Kudu - As #404
Eyelets: 5 metal 4 hooks
Lining: Full Leather Linings
Soles: Brown Neoprene - As #41146H
Heels: L/R Erco Modified Last Heels
Welting: Antiqued/Finished Brown (270 storm or reverse welt as advised by Alden)
Packaging: Alden of New England

Additional Details:
Matching Stitching on Vamp as
advised by Alden

Moulded Shoe has posted an Indy boot in Kudu on the Trubalance last. I wonder if our MTO Kudu Indy on the Modified last is on its way? I can't remember, was our MTO ever confirmed? I don't recall that it was. Very frustrating. I love my Aldens but if another manufacturer could produce similar product at a similar price point, I wouldn't have any hesitation at jumping ship.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The order has not been confirmed. I didn't see a Kudu Indy Truebalance on the site. Regardless, I believe that production is based on a number of factors such as when the order is placed, what materials are needed, which last is needed, and the availability of the lasts (i.e. they are not being used to build shoes for another order). It might take another three months for the order to be confirmed.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The order has not been confirmed.  I didn't see a Kudu Indy Truebalance on the site.  Regardless, I believe that production is based on a number of factors such as when the order is placed, what materials are needed, which last is needed, and the availability of the lasts (i.e. they are not being used to build shoes for another order).  It might take another three months for the order to be confirmed.

Thanks, PhiPsi32. That's going to make it almost a year since we put the order in (Jan 2013).

The Kudu Indy on the trubalance was on their tumblr site.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Newly in stock @ The Lakota House

Moc Toe Boots / Modified Last

link

luzer

Reaction score
question for you guys (the alden thread didnt answer :( )

i wear a size 8.5 D Modified Last - have 4 pairs from moulded. wear a size 9 is most else (quoddy, etc)

i wanted to get a pair of chukkas. sized and got the Alden Leydon Suede Chukka in a 9. felt ok.

wore it at home, at work, the heels are real painful- perhaps slipping?

FYI i have narrow heels i inherited from my father.

QUESTION- do i have any options?
thanks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads