1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Adjusting a belt.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jul 30, 2003.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Dear all,

I recently bought a new Alfred Dunhill belt. Apparently this was the last one of that design, and the size was not appropriate. Now the buckle itself does not adjust but there is a way to wear it with punching an extra hole.

Is there a way to punch an extra hole in the belt? Thank you.

2. davei

davei Well-Known Member

How is the buckle attached? I've made belts with rivets, it's possible to drill out the rivet and re-attach the buckle, but really, it's ten times easier to just punch a new hole. There's a tool specifically made for the job (a leather punch [​IMG] ), should be available at any Home Depot.

3. AskAndyAboutClothes

AskAndyAboutClothes Well-Known Member

Label King:

Take the belt to a professional. Try to find a good shoe repair shop or a tailor that specializes in leather. The best way is to shorten the belt from the buckle attachment end.

Even if you have to add a hole, I'd rather have a professional punch it, they have the right tools and hopefully some experience.

It should cost between $5 and 15.

andy