• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ACL POP-Up Flea Market

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I despise the term "haters". I can't help but envision the person saying it as a 15 year old girl with her fingers snapping.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Sure, sure, I'll get on it. You know I'm representing in the real Americana. Apparently, Idaho is the wildest state outside of Alaska. My Woolrich Woolen Mills gear actually gets worn hunting and out observing forest fires.

When I'm at my log cabin, hauling **** out of the river, felling trees, splitting wood, doing general maintenance work and want to stay warm and dry, I reach for synthetics.

lefty

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I don't get that impression at all.

I visited the PUF and I'll say that it was a pretty cool event as well. Although I didn't buy anything, there were alot of pretty cool things there. Also saw a lot of SF celebs but was too shy to introduce myself
peepwall[1].gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by givemefive
Montana? Wyoming? I'd like to know your reference!

That's what I thought too. Er... google is your friend? It was on some sort of official (federal) website about wilderness areas. I googled "Idaho" when I was getting ready to move out here.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've helped the discussion on this thread or hurt it, but I value the conversation and the debate. Also, I'm probably guilty of being overly harsh so I apologize for that. I will continue to read and enjoy ACL for what it is, and will certainly continue to support all those who participated in the Flea, and those who work to make events like it possible.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"I get it, but I don't" could apply to Giuseppe's comprehension of run-on sentences.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
respectfully, i think he needs to suck it up. as his blog becomes more successful, there will be a lot more people with worse (and less constructive) things to say. that's just the way it goes. seeking to debunk every contrary opinion will only make you appear petty and defensive.

just saying.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Agreed. Well thought out points, YA. I for one, however, am soooo tired of listening to someone try to debunk or defend why anyone would wear workwear/Americana. It's become a massive cliche' on both sides of the argument. We wear clothes because (hopefully) we like them. Aesthetic is subjective. Value is subjective. Style is subjective. That's all that ever needs to be said.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can see where Williams is coming from. Criticism toward anything you've put any effort into isn't always easy to stomach. That's especially true when the criticism isn't something that could or should easily be changed to appease the critic.

That said, I would think that the popularity of his blog along with his line of work would have conditioned him to better respond to these criticisms. No one is saying he has to be immune. Few people are able to do that, regardless of their notoriety. But his whole vocation is about putting a positive spin on something. You'd figure that would include responses to criticisms.

There isn't fault in responding to your critics. I do think, though, it's a necessity to do so in a mature way. Not doing this doesn't just make the person look bad, it makes the brand seem unprofessional.

Becks23

Reaction score
Regardless of his position I think that anybody who does ANYTHING at all, approach with the following...

Control what you can control (and MW has done that) and answer to yourself as a critic under the circumstance you did this for yourself. If he's happy with his effort, I think that's the most important thing. On that note, don't ignore the opinions of others but don't let it derail you or get you worked up. I think worrying about your own **** rather than others is ultimately the most important thing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rieux