• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Quick tour of 26 Kingly Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you all may like a quicky tour of 26 Kingly street, the home to some "off Savile Row" tailoring. Darren Beaman posted on AA and provided photos of one of "HIS" workshops... that the room he claimed to be his company's premises with 20 employees turns out in reality to be an atelier run by 2 Greek pieceworkers named Melinotis and Odyesseos. Here is the link to where Mr. Beaman made the claim: Darren Beaman's claim Here is the outside of 26 Kingly street:
exterior17xn.jpg
here are the names of the tenants on the buzzer and nameplate. As you can see, no "Darren Beaman" etc is on it:
imgp0397edited0wj.jpg
nameplate4tj.jpg
Here is the entrance to Room7, the one Mr. Beaman claims is "His"
room79bt.jpg
and here is the inside of the room:
room714xm.jpg
If you compare the room to what Mr. Beaman posted, you will find that it is the exact same room...... Whose room is it? Â
dozingoff.gif
Please tell the truth...

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
well i guess if you are going to cross post i will too -- slow day T4? when i read this...
Originally posted by Darren As to the 20 or so tailors working in the unit, each pay rent and rate on the room. I am looking for my own work shop.
...i never expected Darren's name on the door. But you are right...Darren should go back and rename the thread to "The workshop in which my suits are produced however I do not rent the room and therefore my name is not on the panel downstairs nor on the elevator buttons"...but who would have wanted to read that???

lisapop

Reaction score
My suits did have the faint smell of feta cheese
laugh.gif
Grayson

encooper

Reaction score
t4phage:

Do you have some sort of problem with Darren Beaman? As m@T points out, Darren was very forthcoming in the thread on AA. Darren is a one man shop and never claimed to have a full time staff. As a service to his friends on AA, he was merely providing a picture of where his suits are made. In fact, I suspect that the Greek names on the door belong to the men pictured/discussed in Darren's AA post.

Please tell us how you were able to find out the address and the exact room. It is a little freaky.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i guess if you are going to cross post i will too -- slow day T4? when i read this...
Quote:
Originally posted by Darren As to the 20 or so tailors working in the unit, each pay rent and rate on the room. I am looking for my own work shop.
...i never expected Darren's name on the door. But you are right...Darren should go back and rename the thread to "The workshop in which my suits are produced however I do not rent the room and therefore my name is not on the panel downstairs nor on the elevator buttons"...but who would have wanted to read that???
Again as it happened on the last "Beaman" thread where we both posted.... I must ask you what part of "One of My workshops" don't you understand? Read the FIRST post of Darren... he said "... MY WORKSHOP" Later on did he say... what you posted. Please re-read.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
t4phage:

Do you have some sort of problem with Darren Beaman?  As m@T points out, Darren was very forthcoming in the thread on AA.  Darren is a one man shop and never claimed to have a full time staff.  As a service to his friends on AA, he was merely providing a picture of where his suits are made.  In fact, I suspect that the Greek names on the door belong to the men pictured/discussed in Darren's AA post.

Please tell us how you were able to find out the address and the exact room.  It is a little freaky.
Again... re-read the original post. Forthcoming? Read the first post.. "One of my workshops"??????? "My" infers "Belonging to me".... what is difficult to understand?

As for how to find such places, if one knows off the row tailoring in London, then one will know which places to look.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Please tell us how you were able to find out the address and the exact room. It is a little freaky.
Darren posted the address and floor, but not the room As for going in there and photographing it while apparently unattended, there is a name for that

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(encooper @ April 23 2005,05:04) Please tell us how you were able to find out the address and the exact room. Â It is a little freaky.
Darren posted the address and floor, but not the room As for going in there and photographing it while apparently unattended, there is a name for that
Please, "Breaking and Entering"??????? My dear m@T, if you have DEFINITIVE proof that the photos were undertaken by illegal means, please do so. Else you are very very liable for Defamation. Remove such accusations at once.

lisapop

Reaction score
Did the Greek tailors at least speak with an English accent? Â That might make me feel a bit better. Grayson
sad.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Daaamn you guys. Marc, I would consider the feta cheese comment to be racist - please none of that, okay? It was pretty clever, but lots of insensitive things are.
smile.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What is with you people? God, this is depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads