• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

ginger8

Reaction score
on another note, got a brand new pair of PS in size 28 this morning, sized down 3 as i'm looking for a skinny fit. as i wore them first i couldn't even get to the second button. 3 hours later, i can button it all the way up, but it feels tight... can i expect it to be more comfortable in a week or so? on my previous pairs i had only sized down 1 and ended up with sagging jeans after a couple of months.

and btw, i measured them as i got them out of the bag, size 28 measured exactly 28 inches at the waist, and not 30 like before. did they drop the vanity sizing recently?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a pair of off white PS recently.
Very happy with the fit everywhere except length. I usually like stacking but this colorway only come in 32 inseam.
I bought them for summer use though, so maybe it's nice to not have excess denim when it's warm?
Wondering if I can pull off the ankle length since I'm tall. Bear in mind that they're prolly gonna shrink an inch after washing.

Should I go for longer or does it look ok?
Mostly gonna wear them with lo tops FWIW.

xCrunchx

Reaction score
I have them, they are ecrus. I always thought mine were 34s but yeah. Anyway i don't think they stretch in the wash, or maybe i just haven't washed mine but nonetheless, they do look short and denim should always stack. However if you have some nice sideszips, these could work

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Bought a pair of off white PS recently.
Very happy with the fit everywhere except length. I usually like stacking but this colorway only come in 32 inseam.
Should I go for longer or does it look ok?
Mostly gonna wear them with lo tops FWIW.

What size do you take? I have a pair with like a 35/36 inseam that I've been to lazy to put up on B&S. waist is 31.

IDH

Reaction score
I have a pair of Levi's 511's that fit right in the waist - I ordered a size 28/32" and the waist has stretched to 29". I'm looking to get a pair of black raw APC's - Would I be right in ordering a size 27?

Also I'm thinking of getting petit standards - are these closer to the 511 fit than new standards?

Pngwyn

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this problem with their apcs?

I sized down 2 and they stretched perfectly, but after a while the fly became like this. I don't know if it's normal and will look better after fading, but right now I think it looks pretty bad/easily mistaken for an open zipper. Most my other jeans are zip fly so I've never encountered this problem. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Pngwyn

Reaction score
I know :( but I don't think they were even that tight to begin with... I guess it's just the way I've been wearing em. Here's how they fit originally..

Last edited:

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
why dont you guys wear belts? I never understood about people sizing down to squeeze themselves in like a sausage roll until I noticed many of you dont wear belts

and on top of that all your button problems lol

edit: pngwyn they look tighter around the hips in your earlier post, cant really tell if its too tight thou

Last edited:

Pngwyn

Reaction score
So am I stuck with having messed up buttons? loool.. maybe a tailor could fix it?

I guess my logic behind not wearing a belt is that the pants are already fairly snug and stayed on ****** without one :embar: but seriously I can slip them on and off without unbuttoning them, they are relatively loose compared to some of my other jeans.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pngwyn - Your probably fucked. If it were a normal hole, say on your knees, you could just patch it.
The problem here is that you still want the hole, but make it smaller. I can't see how one should fix that when there's so much pressure on it.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he could reinforce that with another piece of denim / tough fabric with a buttonhole; luckily that area doesn't show. Just sew the new fabric on top and button it through that.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had that same problem with a my first pair of new standards....three-ish years ago. A tailor can fix it. Although I have to say, I had that problem because they were a size too small for me.

illistik

Reaction score
I just bought my first pair of APC NS in a size 28. I love the look and color of the jeans. I just hope it won't be too difficult to break in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads