• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Love Affair: Ralph Lauren

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Pics?
smile.gif

I'll give you an all RL casual 'fit this week--a bigbris special!
laugh.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've sold most of my RL as their aesthetic is way too boring for my style. However I've kept this nice PRL charcoal 2B suit that I thrifted for $30, only suit I need really.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to defend RL to the death or anything, but I have to say much of their stuff is far from boring. The bright colors and daring designs are actually what has drawn me to the brand. Did you not see the FU shirt, socks and sweater I own? All PRL.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, got any pics/links? I don't remember ever seeing any daring designs last time I checked RL.com, or seen any in person.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Hmm, got any pics/links? I don't remember ever seeing any daring designs last time I checked RL.com, or seen any in person.

Then you have been living under a rock. Check my WAYWT posts, or any of my posts really as they have all had something to do with RL, from my induction with the Falkirks to the FU shirt. Sheesh.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have worn RL over the years along with a variety of other brands. These days I just have three pairs of chinos, two polo shirts and one Blake button down shirt. I try and not be exclusively one brand. I do like Brooks Brothers a lot and I am happy they are now in Toronto and I will be overjoyed when J. Crew decides to expand into Canada.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Then you have been living under a rock. Check my WAYWT posts, or any of my posts really as they have all had something to do with RL, from my induction with the Falkirks to the FU shirt. Sheesh.

Woah those are crazy.
lookaround.gif
I think you'd have a heart attack if you looked at any of the esoteric Belgian designers. No hate though, I realize it's just different tastes. In fact I may buy from RL if they make a cable knit shawl collar cardi in a nice dark olive color.

bbv

Reaction score
Dress Shirts: 37
Sweaters: 22
Suits: 0
Belts: 0
Socks: 6
Polos: 2
Ties: 0
Shoes: 0
Pants: 10
Jackets: 2
Tees: 6

I really need to get a couple of belts and a few smaller bits and pieces, coupelled with another jacket at least. In fact, there are a couple of new colors in their sweater range that I'd like to snag too. Ho-hum, enough is never enough!

S.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, 27 dress shirts? I think I'm at 8 or 9 right now with another being delivered today. I can see having only Polo dress shirts.

bbv

Reaction score
I don't know, I think that's what you call love! I got my eyes on at least another 6 shirts, a jacket, a wallet and 4 sweaters. Mind you, I would like 2 more pants too. Hmmm.....Maybe bit after Christmas when they slash prices some more.

S.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to buy a lot of Ralph Lauren as well. I don't know that it's a love affair, so much as that I can count on its quality and that it's widely available.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polos: 3, just sold 6
Shirts: 4
Sweaters: 6
Pants: 4
Suits: 3
Socks: 4
Boxers: 6
Ties: 1
Scarves: 1