• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A. Caraceni videos

CrimsonSox

Reaction score
There's footage of a fitting and pattern making at A. Caraceni of Milan with Mario Caraceni and his grandson, Massimilano Andreacchio, beginning at 4:45: http://www.voxsartoria.com/post/31067346363/corso-di-alta-sartoria-a-caraceni-milan. Both are dressed magnificently, with a beautiful fit on their jackets. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the firm? Perhaps a tailor looking at the pattern making might discern some interesting insights? Thanks to our much missed friend Vox for the original post.

I also found a two part interview with Mario Caraceni. Part 1: Part 2:

Something that's appealing about the firm is its family history, passing on tailoring knowledge from one generation to the next. Mario is the nephew of the legendary Domenico Caraceni, his son-in-law Carlo now runs the firm, and his grandson is a cutter.

JefferyD has a dissection of an A. Caraceni suit on his excellent blog. The hand drawn gorge was "easily the best finishing work" he had ever seen: http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/2010/05/caraceni.html

Flusser mentions A. Caraceni in his book Style and the Man: "Together since 1967, they have turned out some of Italy's most beautiful examples of postwar tailoring art . . . . This soft-shouldered, soft-chested suit, whose feel Mario Caraceni likens to that of a fine linen handkerchief, represents tailoring of the first rank. All of its seams, buttonholes, and belt loops are hand-sewn, as are the corners of its pockets, which are framed in tight semicircles of silk hand stitches so minuscule they are nearly invisible."

Last edited:

CrimsonSox

Reaction score
Thanks Dopey. I saw the beautiful Solaro DB from Caraceni Rome that you posted on the LL. I was curious what the shoulders and chest are like, on the range from softer to more structured?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Dopey.  I saw the beautiful Solaro DB from Caraceni Rome that you posted on the LL.  I was curious what the shoulders and chest are like, on the range from softer to more structured?

Pics?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads