• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$50 challenge: prove to me that a god or gods exist!

mjHession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Impossible or faith wouldn't be necessary.
This sounds like a modern (evangelical) church statement, and isn't true. The Bible clearly states that the evidence for the existence of God is sufficient for the condemnation of man (see Paul, in Romans I think; will find vs. if anyone is interested). This is often referred to as General revelation, while the faith you are referring to is Special Revelation. Also you will find in the Psalms, a psalmist probably david but i'd have to look it up, the heavens (literally skies above) declare the glory of God, if His glory is declared it follows then that He exists. Faith is where we find salvation, but not the existence of God. James says that even demons recognize His existence, clearly though they do not have the faith you are referring too. Anyhow this thread is not about the above statement yet i felt the need for correction. Being a full time student (Bible student at Philadelphia Biblical University) I lack the time to make a sufficient argument (proof) right now. I will try to schedule some time for this between now and Nov. 1, if not i would love to revisit the topic at a later date, I am also a Mathematics student -- logic is my forte. For anyone that is interested I will provide some good starting sources; Josh Mcdowell's Evidence that demands a verdict Lee Strobel's The case for christ Guillermo Gonzalez and Jay W. Richards The Privileged Planet Unlocking the Mysteries of Life

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Those are some gigantic thighs.
censored.gif

And them boobies are not natural at all
baldy[1].gif

I................do not want.
cry.gif

Then, you haz the ****.

mjHession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unbreakable
Pascal's Wager

Wow, I've never seen this one. Philosophy classes always use Descartes' or something.
I love Blaise, mostly for his triangle, but this is cool too.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pascal's Wager

Pascal's Wager isn't proof that there's a god; it's a justification for believing that there is one even without proof.

Anyhow, I've found proof. Please PM for payment information:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Pascal's Wager isn't proof that there's a god; it's a justification for believing that there is one even without proof.

Ya. This.

K

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG

I know, but it kinda states that there is no proving either there is or isnt. So the whole idea is moot really
frown.gif

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Pascal's Wager

Pascal's Wager is fail once you consider that there are 1000s of gods available and picking the right one has poor odds.

Plus some of them won't punish you for being a good atheist but will punish you for being an infidel.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, but it kinda states that there is no proving either there is or isnt. So the whole idea is moot really
frown.gif

how does it state there is no proving there is or is not?

K

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something that is beyong the mind cannot be comprehended by the mind. That is why science hasn't been able to comprehend divinity. Science is great at describing the way the physical universe acts, but that's where it's limitations lie. Spirituality, on the other hand, is that which is beyond the mind, that which cannot be comprehended, only intuited.

Science talks about the big bang and how it was all energy in the beginning. That energy is divinity, that which permeates the entire cosmos. The source and sustenance of everything is the divine. Only the divine can create.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wait until you die, and all your questions will be answered.

Who knows, depending on how you live your life, you might find out if the devil exists as well.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Just wait until you die, and all your questions will be answered.

Who knows, depending on how you live your life, you might find out if the devil exists as well.

+1

i say to all here, God exists. fully so. I won't get into it here as it is not worth it. internet is the wrong place to discuss religion and/or spirituality.

and even if i can prove it i dont care for your 50 bux. i would want you to just believe in there is a God that would be all the more worth it. nuff said by me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads