• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
I've posted about this in a couple other threads, but i figured i'd post about it here too for people that may also own the 3sixteen denim... my SL reek of sulfur, and they aren't sulfur coated... is it maybe the kind of dye used or maybe is it from being in the same stack as some that are or what? Ive searched this board and found past entries where people complained about the same thing, and it usually seems to be with black jeans... i have washed them 3 times without even wearing them yet and they still smell. They make my closet reek a bit and i dunno what to do with them. Wear them obviously... i love the way they look, they just stink. haha

Originally Posted by db_ggmm
SL blacks have a sulfur component, 95% sure I read that some where. I've had mine for maybe 4 months and the smell is mostly gone, but warmth increases it. I haven't worn them too terribly often, so wear is not required to fade the odor. For some reason I bought SL indigos, too, and kept putting them on all winter.

Maybe you are extra sensitive to the smell or maybe yours are fresher out of the factory.

I've had these black SL since late october or november and the odor seems to get worse and worse... from just sitting folded in my closet. I wore them ONCE around the house for a few hours after noticing the odor. Ive now hung them outside for an entire day, sprayed them with febreeze, and soaked/washed with detergent a couple times trying to get rid of the funky ass smell. I havent even worn them yet. I just had a head cold for a couple weeks and finally slightly regained my sense of smell today and when i walk in my room sulfur is all i can smell eminating from my closet. So frustrating. Ive read in another thread or two that people have given their jeans a soak with a cup of white vinegar and or baking soda... wondering if either of those would help. I don't know how much longer i can handle these jeans stinking up my room and other clothes in my closet
frown.gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I get an odor into clothing that I want gone, I expose it to as much fresh air as I can. I don't keep it in an unventilated closet...

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
When I get an odor into clothing that I want gone, I expose it to as much fresh air as I can. I don't keep it in an unventilated closet...

I've tried hanging them outside a couple days and left them in my room on the window sile with the window open... makes no difference. The funk is really in there heh

constantine.

Reaction score
I had a pair of Nudies that smelled like sulpher and I just kept wearing them. The smell went away after two or three weeks.

mondayc

Reaction score
I just cold-soaked my ST-210's after about 3 months of wear and the water turned this nasty blackish color, probably the rest of the coating coming off. If they dry interestingly, I'll post pics.

ajchen

Reaction score
contest_front.jpg

The winning pair of the 3sixteen x Self Edge Denim Contest comes to us courtesy of 16-year old Martin C. Upon receiving photos of his jeans, we were impressed first of all with the aging that they show from being worn for only seven months. Martin tells us that they've been washed once and soaked twice.

contest_back.jpg

The hard wear that you see on these jeans made more sense when we found out what he was doing in them. His dad does auto body repair work and Martin routinely labored with him in these jeans, getting them caked in grime and grease. After their first wash, some of the stains remained but that's when the color really emerged.

contest_deets.jpg

As the winner, Martin will be receiving a free pair of jeans of his choice from Self Edge along with a $200 gift certificate to shop.3sixteen.com. We want to thank everyone once again for participating - we hope that you enjoyed wearing in your jeans as much as we did seeing and hearing about them (if you're curious, other entries can be viewed here).

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, now that's why I need to become a mechanic.

ajchen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Nice!

Do you know if he oiled the patch? Looks like it to me, but I can't really tell.

I don't believe he oiled the patch, but I can find out. Here's my buddy's patch.... these are on a pair of SL-100x's that were worn daily for just over a year. No washes, no oil applied to the patch:

norm_patch.jpg

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Disappointed to see the new run of SL and ST models have even slimmer thighs than before. I couldn't swing even the SL cut with the new thigh measurement. What was the reasoning behind slimming up the thigh while boosting the hem?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Disappointed to see the new run of SL and ST models have even slimmer thighs than before. I couldn't swing even the SL cut with the new thigh measurement. What was the reasoning behind slimming up the thigh while boosting the hem?

If it makes you feel any better the measurements on the last run on our site were off, we adjusted them slightly but they were still a bit off (which we rarely ever let happen), the new run just runs true to size in the waist (as opposed to running a size big), the fit is still about the same.

splattered

Reaction score
^^Just looked at the site and they still list as a size up? The measurements seem around the same to me as when i ordered them in November?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
^^Just looked at the site and they still list as a size up? The measurements seem around the same to me as when i ordered them in November?

We just remeasured every single style and every size. The waist now runs true to size (not a size big as it did before), also due to the waist changing a hair the rest of the measurements all changed slightly.
Also now the SL fit goes up to size 38..

PeterParker

Reaction score
Whoa, the cuts of both the SL and ST have changed considerably from the first run. Are the fit pics of the newest run?

Based on the new measurements, it looks like the SL has become less of a tapered straight cut, with the thighs getting slimmer and the leg opening getting bigger.

The ST which was slightly bootcut (in some sizes) at first, then became straight from the knee down, and now looks like it's tapered from the knee down. I don't know about the taper, but I wish my ST's had smaller leg openings.

And it looks like sizes got a half size smaller. I think the size 30 measured 31.5" in the waist before, which was perfect for me since it stretched out to be 32".

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckrogers