• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(2/17: FOUND!!!!!!!!!) Help me pick out my 1st "big boy" Watch

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I think that may be sarcasm on the part of btinl - if I remember well, he's a Panerista. Or am I mistaking you for someone else with a similar handle?

You are correct. Paneristi

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new watch!

Not to derail the thread - but as long as we're talking watches - does anyone here own a tourbillon?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Congrats on the new watch!

Not to derail the thread - but as long as we're talking watches - does anyone here own a tourbillon?

I do. It is my everyday beater watch.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PAM241-I_1.JPG

gall_panerai305.jpg

panerai_pvd__-thumb-450x328.jpg

pam60_lg.jpg

Love the Cali..

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy a fake. Do the research, and find the right website. My friend paid $300 for several fake Rolex watches, and they can't tell the difference at the Rolex store. It's impossible to tell if you get a top quality fake. $300 vs. $2000. No brainer. Your money is best invested elsewhere.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Buy a fake. Do the research, and find the right website. My friend paid $300 for several fake Rolex watches, and they can't tell the difference at the Rolex store. It's impossible to tell if you get a top quality fake. $300 vs. $2000. No brainer. Your money is best invested elsewhere.

lol

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What !? I hope you are joking ... if not, that is bad advice.

Buy the best watch in your budget - for $400, you can get this Seiko automatic, which has an excellent, excellent 6R15 movement:
http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-...5-SARB031.html

s_sarb031b.jpg
s_sarb031c.jpg

I wear this watch everyday and it is very accurate and looks very classy.

Why the hell would anyone spend $300 on a fake Rolex? That is just weak.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with you and I think I can rest my case
smile.gif

That said, let's not derail the thread too much. FStyles, congrats on your new purchase - wear it in good health - don't go crazy on the straps purchases
wink.gif

I don't why any time someone posts about a Panerai watch, all the haters come out of the wood work and start the ridiculous circus of the big watch trend again. It's really odd how people are.

Indeed, congrats.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
panerai_patent1.gif

Hmmm, I think I get it. Sort of like a Grolsch bottle sealer (in thoeory). Once the lever is 'closed' and everything is ready for the big dive is the crown immobilized (i.e. does the lever have to be open for you to wind the watch)?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Hmmm, I think I get it. Sort of like a Grolsch bottle sealer (in thoeory). Once the lever is 'closed' and everything is ready for the big dive is the crown immobilized (i.e. does the lever have to be open for you to wind the watch)?

Exactly. Yes, it needs to be opened to use the crown (to wind or set time)

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at the lack of Panerlove. It IS after all, an acquired taste, kinda like a block of aged Roquefort with extra blue spots.
wink.gif

anyway, I take comfort in the fact that not everyone digs them as things [quickly] lose their charm when everyone and their momma's 3rd cousin bertha's got one.

I agree with you and I think I can rest my case
smile.gif

That said, let's not derail the thread too much. FStyles, congrats on your new purchase - wear it in good health - don't go crazy on the straps purchases
wink.gif

Thanks bruddah! I'm pretty stoked on it. for a small, err micro timer like myself, this was a BT purchase.

LULZ. He pm's me the same message. I think he misread the the thread and is confused on the oucome thus far:

I already bought the watch, Don dadda. I wish you would;ve come around 3 pages ago so I could've saved my money to buy the life size Tera Patrick blow up doll I always wanted.
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by romafan

WOW~ that's the best example eVAr!
smile.gif
No seriouisly it is.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads