• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where were you on 9/11?

jack webb

Reaction score
I was at work that morning when a woman in the office said there was a report on the Internet that a plane had struck the World Trade Center. It immediately put me in mind of a plane having crashed into the Empire State Building sometime during the 1940s. Another accident, I figured. Some time later I was away from my desk when a colleague shouted that a second plane had struck the WTC. No way, I thought: surely this was an explosion related to the first incident (gas tank?), and not an entirely new incident. Accidents like that don't happen twice....At some point during the day the boss reminded everybody that despite events in NYC and elsewhere we needed to stay focused on work. But of course nobody did as the astonishing developments unfolded, providing a grim reminder that, no matter what you may think, you never truly lose your capacity to be shocked.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had flown Boston to San Francisco on the last United flight on 9/10. As we headed to Logan I kept saying, it's going to be tight, lets just go in the morning. Glad I didn't wait. Consequently I was home in bed.

I did have work and other things to do that day including an AIDS charity event that evening hosted by Elizabeth Taylor. I cancelled it all.

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually sitting on a plane at IAH that was bound for NYC for a meeting later that morning. Got as far as taxiing to the runway, but then stopped, and sat there for a couple of hours before they returned to the terminal.

TexasToast

Reaction score
I was voting that day and I was on the line waiting to vote when I head one tower had been hit. I couldnt believe it when I heard that one of the twin towers had been hit I thought it was an accident. After voting I heard another plane hit the second building then I knew it wasn't an accident.

I got on the train to head into work after voting going into Manhattan. My train is on an elevated track so you can see into Manhattan as the train makes a rounded turn into the city. From the train you could see plumes of thick black smoke coming from Manhattan I know it was the Twin Towers the entire train car of passengers were looking out the windows at the black smoke coming from the towers

When I got off the train you could smell the horrible smell of what I guess was jet fuel and other unmentionables. It was pretty strange to be in the area after you realized what happened. After work I walked around I felt so lost after hearing what happened like a zombie, I imagine other people were the way..

A few mentionable items while in the area that stood out to me were the amount of NYC salt trucks and the State Troopers in lower Manhattan. Verizon had brought in portable payphones since service had been disrupted in that area of Manhattan. I did happen to notice two jet fighters flying above as well.

Basically 9/11 is a day that I'll never forget due to the amount of lives taken away in a single day by terrorists .

RodGomes

Reaction score
I was in school. Didn't have a clue about what was going on. My mom picked me up at school, and, as soon as I entered the car, she was like: "You're not gonna believe what happened". She had been watching her morning shows while cooking lunch and it got interrupted by the news coverage, obviously.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeeeeeees