• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

buffettisgod

Reaction score
I just binged watch MARCO POLO, I enjoyed it... Loosely based of historical accounts.

However, I now insisted my wife to refer to me as "Khan" or "Khan of Khans". :)

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished the second season of Peaky Blinders last night. It's a thoroughly fantastic show.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just finished the second season of Peaky Blinders last night. It's a thoroughly fantastic show.

Hear, hear. It gets better too, don't delay!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I have to add another show to my list.

The American's, Season 2, was just released on Prime, enjoying that very much. Waiting for the latest season of The League to go Prime.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@Nil, I devoured all 12 episodes in about a week, maybe less. Loved it. Thanks for the rec.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually on download... NYPD Blue, Just started Season 10. Started season 1 around September. Love the stuff. Cant find s11 for anything.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow. Never saw this thread as the Netflix thread also includes people posting Amazon series, etc.

But I will play. Some over the past 1-2 yrs via Netflix:

-The Paradise: Started this about a week ago. The goings on behind the scene in a first department in the nation after a small town girl gets a job there. British based. Really enjoying this. Just about finished season 1.

-The Fall: Gillian Anderson stars as a British officer on the hunt for a serial killer. Brilliant IMO!
Jamie Dorman plays the killer. Not a spoiler per se as it is known early on.

-Mission Impossible(the old school series): Highly skilled spies take on various assignments. Good stuff. This series ran from the mid 60's to the early 70's.

-To Catch a Smuggler: JFK Airport homeland security officers busting people up to no good. This is a reality based show. Very interesting IMO.

-Damages: The goings on at a law firm run by Glen Close's character. Rose Byrne plays her "protege." Season 1 was good though it started slow. I stopped watching somewhere in season 2. Just got very far fetched for me.

-The Assets: 70's CIA operatives search for a mole inside the dept. True story. This can be a little slow at times, but I REALLY enjoyed this show.

-Undeclared: A comedy based on college life for a bunch of freshmen. Some cool guest appearances(before they were huge stars.)

-Gavin & Stacey: Comedy. Title characters meet in person after talking on the phone. Fall in love. Get married. I really enjoyed this show.

-Broadchurch: British based. After a young boy is murdered in the small seaside town of Broadchurch, local detectives Ellie Miller and Alec Hardy are assigned the mysterious case. I didn't finish this but it was a good watch.

-The Inbetweeners: Hilarious British comedy about a group of 4 friends at school/adolescence. Love this!

-Luther: Solid detective show featuring idris Elba and later on, the brilliant Ruth Wilson. British based.

-MI-5: This award-winning series dramatizes the professional exploits and personal lives of head officer Harry Pearce and the "spooks" of the MI-5. Another good British series.

-The Blacklist: After turning himself in, a brilliant fugitive offers to help the FBI bag other baddies, but only if rookie profiler Elizabeth Keen is his partner. James Spader stars and is amazing. I never catch it on TV so I started watching online.

-Reckless: A gorgeous Northern legal eagle and a charming Southern lawyer clash in and out of the courtroom in this soapy drama set in Charleston, S.C. I liked this. Small town law series.

-Locked Up Abroad: The stories of smugglers, etc getting locked up abroad. Told via the actual person and reenactments. Interesting.

-Peaky Blinders: Loved season 1. Have not gotten to season 2. Great show.

-Wallander: In a picturesque and once-peaceful province of Sweden, disillusioned police inspector Kurt Wallander probes a shocking spate of baffling murders. Don't remember much of this other than it was solid.

-The Politician's Husband: David Tennant plays a senior cabinet minister who struggles to adapt when his wife's political career takes off, threatening to overshadow his. I liked this. British based.

-Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond: Superspy James Bond emerged from the mind of writer Ian Fleming, whose own playboy ways and military life in World War II set the tone for his novels. Not bad. Not great.

-The Black Donnellys: Kevin, Jimmy, Tommy and Sean Donnelly are four young, working-class Irish brothers, inexorably tied to a New York City crime syndicate. Same review as the above. Not bad. Not great.

-The Great Train Robbery: The true story of the 1963 Great Train Robbery. On 8 August, 1963 Britain awakens to the news of the biggest robbery in the country's history. Good stuff. 2 parts shown from different aspects of the crime.

-Spiral: This gritty crime drama set in the dark underbelly of Paris follows police officers and lawyers as they investigate and prosecute crimes. Don't remember much about this. I did watch all of the eps.

-Secrets and Lies: After stumbling upon the remains of a young boy, everyday family man Ben finds his world splitting apart when he becomes the prime murder suspect. Saw this a while back. Enjoyed it.

-Happy Valley(Netflix original): Yorkshire police sergeant Catherine Cawood, a strong-willed officer coping with the suicide of her daughter and struggling to raise the young son she left behind. When the man she blames for her daughter's death is paroled, Cawood embarks on a mission to bring him down, unaware that her target is plotting another heinous crime. Liked this.

-Grand Hotel: A young man infiltrates a hotel in the guise of a footman and begins an investigation. Solid. Subtitled in English so I never had the patience to finish it.

-Life: A former LAPD cop has his life and job restored, but he brings a new Zen attitude to his work. Bonus is looking at Sarah Shahi in every ep!

-Doc Martin: Successful surgeon Dr. Martin Ellingham abruptly leaves his London practice to become general practitioner in the sleepy fishing village of Portwenn. Not bad at all.

-Conviction: Young assistant district attorneys in New York City take on tough cases that test their limited courtroom experience. A Law & Order spin off.

-Cashmere Mafia: Four ambitious women who have been friends since business school use their close-knit relationship as a support line as they try to crack the male-dominated glass ceiling of the corporate world. Enjoyed.

-House of Cards: Brilliant.

-Orange is the New Black: Brilliant 1 season. Never got to the 2nd.

-Above Suspicion: DC Anna Travis joins a team on the hunt for a particularly gruesome serial killer. I liked this show. Watched the 1 season on Netflix and the rest on Amazon.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fabulous Ter, thanks for taking the time.

You like the Brit' stuff it would appear

I would urge you to find the time to watch more of Peaky Blinders, better than excellent!

No prob.

It seems that many British series are just very good. I can also easily catch up on US based series...so I tend to give many of the British shows a chance.
I will def get through season 2 of Peaky Blinders. I really liked season 1.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

No prob.

It seems that many British series are just very good. I can also easily catch up on US based series...so I tend to give many of the British shows a chance.
I will def get through season 2 of Peaky Blinders. I really liked season 1.

:cheers:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Undeclared and Inbetweeners are both excellent and usually hilarious, especially Inbetweeners. There's a full length movie to close out the series, which is quite well done.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of embarrassing but I have been really enjoying Blue Bloods on Hulu.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wallander Season 2 on Netflix.

Season 3 is not subtitled. I watched about 5 minutes before I realized i had no idea what exactly the characters were saying. Maybe I was learning Swedish more than I knew. Season 3 would be a great tool for someone learning Swedish; immersion learning with dead Swedes and crime.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Blue Bloods is solid!

I really enjoy it. It's kind of predictable, a little bit cheesy and formulaic, but I like it a lot. It also happens to be a very wholesome show.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProstadiOfficial