• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen one of the thrifts by me say that they never guarantee authenticity for anything... To a woman who was looking at a Gucci tote for $750. This is the same store that multiple times I've seen try and sell "Canada Gear" for $300. That stuff has the most obviously fake Canada goose side patch and still it gets past em

View attachment 2124609

i once asked this lady if she thought an lv vernis leather bag was real , later i saw her buying it lol . i still have no idea . otoh i went back and snagged a full gator marc jacobs stam for like 40 bucks , maybe the louis was real after all ?

but it's easy to tell ( and hard to fake ) real gator . if you know anyways .

Conclusive

Reaction score
I've sold some beat to sh!t Kiton for some decent in the past. Just make sure to point out all the damage clearly in the listing.
Not to discount your experience (heaven knows I wish I could flip beat suits for profit), but I've had no luck flipping anything that's damaged beyond a small fabric pull or a pinhole. I can't imagine getting more than $40 for those Kitons based on my experience, and that would basically be breaking even with thrift store prices in my area. I wonder what people do with beat suits and the like? Harvest the labels, buttons, and any salvageable fabric? I can't imagine people who recognize a brand like Kiton would wear a visibly damaged garment to work or anything like that.

Restoration projects would be very impressive, though. I'd love to see some if they're out there.

RFHansen

Reaction score
How can there be a no return policy when they clearly sold you fugazi stuff? I mean haven't they like... committed a crime in selling that stuff to you? US consumer laws are so weak comparing to EU ones.
The policy here is 'full satisfaction or your money is lost'. I was told so verbatim by one of the guys behind the counter.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen one of the thrifts by me say that they never guarantee authenticity for anything... To a woman who was looking at a Gucci tote for $750. This is the same store that multiple times I've seen try and sell "Canada Gear" for $300. That stuff has the most obviously fake Canada goose side patch and still it gets past em

View attachment 2124609
Lol that jacket sells for $30 here new

Also tough luck on that fugazi CG :(

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to discount your experience (heaven knows I wish I could flip beat suits for profit), but I've had no luck flipping anything that's damaged beyond a small fabric pull or a pinhole. I can't imagine getting more than $40 for those Kitons based on my experience, and that would basically be breaking even with thrift store prices in my area. I wonder what people do with beat suits and the like? Harvest the labels, buttons, and any salvageable fabric? I can't imagine people who recognize a brand like Kiton would wear a visibly damaged garment to work or anything like that.

Restoration projects would be very impressive, though. I'd love to see some if they're out there.
I recently sold a moth hole riddled vintage Brooks Brothers 3 piece tweed suit for $300+. People buy damaged sh!t. At $40 I'd have to think hard about it, but at under $10, which is what most sport coats cost here, I'd buy them all day. Lots of variables of course, and that navy one was too far gone probably, but I'd be hard pressed to leave any Kiton on the rack.

tweedlover

Reaction score
I recently sold a moth hole riddled vintage Brooks Brothers 3 piece tweed suit for $300+. People buy damaged sh!t. At $40 I'd have to think hard about it, but at under $10, which is what most sport coats cost here, I'd buy them all day. Lots of variables of course, and that navy one was too far gone probably, but I'd be hard pressed to leave any Kiton on the rack.
Surprised to hear that folks buy damaged stuff. I've thrifted for personal use for over 30 years and would never buy anything stained or with holes.

LiamD

Reaction score
Good couple of days
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_0308.JPG