• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jlee80

Reaction score
So would the majority of you agree… SuitSupply isn’t what it used to be? I’ve still been kicking around a custom made order, but given some of the changes (no more 4-layer full canvassing, lack of other options) and price increase it probably isn’t worth it now?

KWang94

Reaction score
So would the majority of you agree… SuitSupply isn’t what it used to be? I’ve still been kicking around a custom made order, but given some of the changes (no more 4-layer full canvassing, lack of other options) and price increase it probably isn’t worth it now?
Absolutely not worth it anymore, especially with custom. Depending on where you're located, you definitely have better local options.

Viatu

Reaction score
Have you recently placed an order? Can you speak to the quality/ consistency if so?
I received a pair of custom trousers in an "all season" fabric last week. The fabric is VBC, the quality seems good and consistent. I ordered another pair of custom trousers from SS a few months back. And, I have no complaints. I would recommend SS's custom program.

Viatu

Reaction score
I received a pair of custom trousers in an "all season" fabric last week. The fabric is VBC, the quality seems good and consistent. I ordered another pair of custom trousers from SS a few months back. And, I have no complaints. I would recommend SS's custom program.
I've also ordered a jacket from their custom program more than a year ago which I returned because I no longer wanted it. The quality of the jacket was fine.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Good to hear

Viatu

Reaction score
I don’t think SS is out of the running as a decent suiting option but it’s no longer the clear front runner in the bang-for-your-buck category, where it was formerly the uncontested #1 for people who didn’t have a cheap, skilled tailor living next door to them.

Well who is the front runner? Cause I'd like to use them.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
If you're looking for advice, I'd recommend SSs customer program.

Most of my sportcoats, one suit, and one shirt are SS custom. I've always been quite happy with everythign save the snotty little twerps they tent to employ at the closest store to where I live. Despite the difficulties I have keeping food down when in the same room with these people, they have objectively done a good job for me.

I also have several off-the-rack garments from them. Their Lazio and Havana fit work perfectly for me off the rack, which is an anomaly - literally no other brand can I buy OTR and wear it without significant tailoring.

I've gone custom to get a larger drop and different fabrics.

Personally, even though places like Oliver Wicks, etc. can do similar fabrics at similar prices, SS is the devil I know. Returns are also easy, so I usually don't need to look elsewhere.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabetgonzale