• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+++ sneakers +++

Michael

Reaction score
There's an ad in pretty much all men's magazines, (GQ, Maxim, Playboy) for some Skechers that are a solid color with lots of options available, with white stripes running down vertically. I'm trying to find some of these because I think they'd look really good with darker jeans.

GQ-TKE

Reaction score
I read somewher in one of my magazines that velcro shoes are a "must have" for the spring, was I hallucinating or what? Though I did go out a buy a cheap pair to see what sort of response I would receive to them, I have been complemented on several occasions since. They're also quite comfortable. They are a very simple white with black striped here and there pattern with the two straps accross the front. They go great with -almost- every pair of jeans I've tried them with and I am pretty happy with them. Even if they aren't in style I may just be the new trend setter in the neighborhood.

Lac

Reaction score
the red suede sambas are my favourite casual footwear. next are suede classics- reebok.

other casual footwear brands i like are camper, dkny, and diesel

Timothy

Reaction score
Speaking of velcro sneakers, I've recently found an unused pair of old school Kangaroos at my local Salvation Army. They're brown suede with the two velcro straps, and you can't forget the secret pocket in the tongue. They have to be one of the most fun sneakers I've ever owned, plus being that everything old is back again, think Pony, these are the epitame of the 80's. These also have to rare, thus not every other clown will have a pair, for I have never seen anybody wear Kangaroos since I was a youngin', nor have I yet to hear them mentioned of lately. Does anyone know if they're are still even in business? Also yesterday I just picked up a pair of black sneakers more in the Prada tradition. They look almost exactly like the Dolce & Gabbana soccer sneakers in their one GQ ad, but they lace down much closer to the front of the toe. I think these too will be fun for they're more slimmed down and pointed (me grudgingly getting out of that squared toe look), plus I think the low lacing will be/ is in style for I have seen Versace and some others doing it which looks good with more pointed toe shoes. I'd be interested in hearing what the rest of you all think.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
No fashion statement or obnoxious athletic logos for me. I have a pair of K-Swiss Classic Deluxe Edition that suits me just fine. They are all leather with white on white stripes. They work well with jeans, khakis or shorts. Sometimes though, I do feel a little like a football coach on the sidelines when I wear these with khakis and a polo shirt, so for those occasions, I also have a pair of Sperry Canvas Boat Shoes in white. These are very comfortable and definitely don't look like I should have a whistle around my neck.

Despite what the fashion magazines tell me, I'm just not comfortable with the idea of wearing sneakers with suits.

Bradford

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member