• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Marmite89

Reaction score
Delivered today, C&J limited edition Islay in burgundy Horween Zug. I love them! Leather whilst heavier than Scotchgrain is supple and I like the natural welt look.

View attachment 2184331 View attachment 2184333

I was really gutted that I left it so late that by the time I went to order they had (I assume) sold out before the clock they had running ticked down.

They look as beautiful as I imagined. Enjoy them… I ended up wearing my Zug Snowdon’s loads this last winter, the leather does soften up nicely.

Franky

Reaction score
IMG_7822.jpeg
IMG_7913.jpeg

I love penny loafers, and I was able to get these harvards for 150 or so almost new. I don’t like tan shoes however, and I wanted unlined black pennies. So one dye job later… 😁

Giev

Reaction score
I was really gutted that I left it so late that by the time I went to order they had (I assume) sold out before the clock they had running ticked down.

They look as beautiful as I imagined. Enjoy them… I ended up wearing my Zug Snowdon’s loads this last winter, the leather does soften up nicely.
Out of curiosity, what is this Horween Zug leather?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this gap between the lacing too wide? It's already an extra wide shoe so I can only go from 8.5G to 9G or for special orders. View attachment 2184311
That would be fine for me. They'll close some as you break them in. I'd rather have them like this than closed and too loose.

YellowHandUp

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of versatile loafers which can be dressed both casually (chins/jeans) and a bit more formal (not necessarily suit and blazer and wool trousers). Have any of y’all tried the Crockett and Jones Yale- how does it compare to Alden 684 full strap loader Aberdeen last ? I am finding latter difficult to size and hard to find in the UK though I do prefer its shape. Looking for similar from C&J.
A bit late in replying, business trip changed and only went to the store today. Yale look excellent. Very subdued burgundy, not shiny and I think can do smart/casual.

jellyroller

Reaction score
IMG_3328.jpeg
IMG_3327.jpeg
IMG_3326.jpeg

Maiden voyage for snuff suede Boston.

This is my first pair of Bostons. I have a pair of Harvards. Same last (314) but Boston is lined and Harvard is unlined. I went with the lined Boston for these because a) I was curious to see how they fit vs. the unlined Harvard and b) I dislike how unlined suede shoes look once they begin to lose their shape.

I took my usual 8.5 UK for the Boston and they are incredibly well fitting. They are definitely the best fitting loafers I’ve ever worn. I’m now wondering if I should have sized down to 8 UK on my Harvards, which fit well but not perfectly for me in 8.5.

I have to admit that I’ve made the mistake of prioritizing looks over fit with shoes in the past, leaving me with 4 so-so fitting pairs of Edward Green loafers and 1 not good fitting pair of Gaziano & Girling loafers. I’m going to try the Alden Van last this weekend at Alden on Madison but haven’t had luck with it in the past.

Very happy with the fit, quality, color, comfort of these Crocketts!

icedt

Reaction score
Going to Paris later this year and wanted to try and buy a pair of Bostons. I wanted to ask how different is the pricing in Paris compared to London and if it’s considerably higher. Would be great if someone could share some insights.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member