• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy seems like they are waiting to successfully complete all 4 makes before shipping correct?

thanks!
We'll actually be getting the 3 makes first, and then the 2 waxed flesh boots a bit later - that was further delayed because of the snafu in cutting the uppers. Turns out, it was a mistake that propagated in the tagging, and no one, myself included, caught it until really late in the game. I really apologize for all the hangups in this order. There are now better protocols in place to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Cheers,

Fok.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We'll actually be getting the 3 makes first, and then the 2 waxed flesh boots a bit later - that was further delayed because of the snafu in cutting the uppers.  Turns out, it was a mistake that propagated in the tagging, and no one, myself included, caught it until really late in the game.  I really apologize for all the hangups in this order.  There are now better protocols in place to make sure that this doesn't happen again.  

Cheers,

Fok.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Half Japanese and Garage boot, come on down!

Diabolical

Reaction score
We'll actually be getting the 3 makes first, and then the 2 waxed flesh boots a bit later - that was further delayed because of the snafu in cutting the uppers. Turns out, it was a mistake that propagated in the tagging, and no one, myself included, caught it until really late in the game. I really apologize for all the hangups in this order. There are now better protocols in place to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Cheers,

Fok.
Is there an ETA for the first 3?

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We'll actually be getting the 3 makes first, and then the 2 waxed flesh boots a bit later - that was further delayed because of the snafu in cutting the uppers.  Turns out, it was a mistake that propagated in the tagging, and no one, myself included, caught it until really late in the game.  I really apologize for all the hangups in this order.  There are now better protocols in place to make sure that this doesn't happen again.  

Cheers,

Fok.

Fok, what is tagging?

(Probably an obvious answer)

BHK666

Reaction score

Cheers,

Fok.

Thanks for the update, Fok. Any intuition as to how long "a bit later" might be? Not needing anything specific so much as trying to anchor my expectations. Maybe another month? Two months?

Cheers.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fok, what is tagging?

(Probably an obvious answer)
It's the tags that tell the factory what exactly to make. The tags are generated from the order. The order was mis-transcribed, or rather, they assumed that we wanted white stitching and a pull tab, because we had that on all of our other waxed flesh orders, and no one, myself included, caught this. It's like that comedic situation when the soccer ball goes between the feet of 5 defenders and the goalie knocks himself out on the goalpost while trying to block the shot.

Thanks for the update, Fok. Any intuition as to how long "a bit later" might be? Not needing anything specific so much as trying to anchor my expectations. Maybe another month? Two months?

Cheers.
I'm going to hope for a month. But I can tell you that Glen was not happy with having to redo 18 uppers.
Is there an ETA for the first 3?
Apparently a couple of weeks. The 3 pairs of tan bison are cut, and sewn, but I dunno how far beyond that they are (they could be in the finishing stages, they could still need to be lasted - I just don't know.)

Cheers,

Fok.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's the tags that tell the factory what exactly to make.  The tags are generated from the order.  The order was mis-transcribed, or rather, they assumed that we wanted white stitching and a pull tab, because we had that on all of our other waxed flesh orders, and no one, myself included, caught this.  It's like that comedic situation when the soccer ball goes between the feet of 5 defenders and the goalie knocks himself out on the goalpost while trying to block the shot.

I'm going to hope for a month.  But I can tell you that Glen was not happy with having to redo 18 uppers.
Apparently a couple of weeks.  The 3 pairs of tan bison are cut, and sewn, but I dunno how far beyond that they are (they could be in the finishing stages, they could still need to be lasted - I just don't know.)

Cheers,

Fok.

Thanks for the 'splanation.

Great analogy you made.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
So.....how do we order one of those 18 miscut uppers? I actually like the cap toe, pull tab and white stitching....what size are they maybe you could sell all 18? Just an idea to turn something crappy to something good for all

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So.....how do we order one of those 18 miscut uppers? I actually like the cap toe, pull tab and white stitching....what size are they maybe you could sell all 18? Just an idea to turn something crappy to something good for all

Exactly what I was thinking!

westie187

Reaction score
"Apparently a couple of weeks. The 3 pairs of tan bison are cut, and sewn, but I dunno how far beyond that they are (they could be in the finishing stages, they could still need to be lasted - I just don't know.)"

Good to know, thanks!

CelliniEVO

Reaction score
Anyone miss out on a size 10 of the ***** Waxed? I may be willing to part with my order after they ship....considering getting in on the 3sixteen natty pre-order.

Also, any updates from Viberg on when they'll ship?

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any further updates on the status of our last set of GMTOs? Waiting patiently on my bison boots.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
normanlawrence