• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawyer, Law School, BigLaw FAQ

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Is that code for staying at the Carlyle?

Actually for being Mafoo's shoe-shine boy. I've gotta get my shell-cordo skills up to snuff.

Gotham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I don't know if there have been any serious posts (as opposed to poasts) in this threak. And if any of the posts were serious, I can't say if such posters ought to be pitied. However, the NYTimes Dealbook has an interesting piece on the collapse of so-called BIGLAW recruiting. As always, the NYT is behind the ball on this one, but it's a reminder that law school, even the infamous T14, is no guarantee of BIGLAW, and BIGLAW is no guaranteed path to MAFOOFAN-like prestige.

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/20...obs-disappear/

Honestly,$200K in law school debt alone... I'm stunned.

Journalism hysteria. Or is **** really that bad?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gotham

****'s been bad for a few quarters now, son.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's actually worse.

However, I have read a similar article from the NYTimes from about 1991 or so. But it's much worse this time, for a lot of complicating factors that no one on here gives a **** about.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

If anything, it's worse.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Could have fooled me with some of the sunshine up the ass posts on this thread

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

ROLAND9

Reaction score
Well, the fact is that any decent law school can prepare you for a career in family law. Some lawyers just fall into it as a result of professional experience over time.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ROLAND9
Well, the fact is that any decent law school can prepare you for a career in family law. Some lawyers just fall into it as a result of professional experience over time.

spam[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member