• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeeves x Vass MTO and GMTO Central Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only 3 more days until this Vass Valway GMTO closes:

Vass Valway model
Anilveau 9231 Calf and Inca Grain 6120
Price: 700 USD including shipping to EU and US (worldwide shipping is extra)
All other details can be customized:

Interest count: 4 members

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy to share our new GMTO with Vass!

For this one we sourced a true burnishable leather in a nice burgundy shade, called 'Vegano Calf' from the French tannery Annonay. It lends itself perfectly to proper burnishing, and will result in a much more natural looking burnished finish.

For this GMTO, we chose the Austerity River model on U last, for its elegant lines and to leave plenty of room for a great toe burnish. Combined with the excellent craftsmanship at Vass, you will receive a pair of handwelted shoes in an exclusive color.

Available at 650 USD excl. VAT, including shoe trees. Worldwide shipping at cost. Payment can be done 50/50. The shoes also come with a tin of Saphir wax and a polishing cloth. Closing date is to be determined, but will be in a couple of weeks probably.

Send us a PM or contact us directly at [email protected]

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We received a few questions regarding this GMTO, and to answer all questions here:

Yes, if you wish to have a specific extra such as rubber toe taps, or a Goyser stitching, this is possible. For each option there is a small increase in price.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still looking for 3 participants for our group order! Any model is possible, made from Burgundy vegano burnishable calf (picture as reference for the leather and color).

650 USD excl. VAT for the Vass Austerity River, or 700 USD excl. VAT for your own choice of model!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An outdoor comparison shot between Vass Oxblood, Vas Burgundy and the Vegano Burgundy burnishable calf (taking single MTO's on this leather):

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are running a Vass GMTO in the exclusive to Jeeves burgundy Inca Grain leather. Price is 700 USD excl. VAT, and you can choose any model.

Just send me a PM in case you're interested, we are looking for a total of 6 people.

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a long time we have been thinking to do a Vass GMTO in a medium to dark brown calf leather.

We feel that there is a gap between the Antique Cognac and Dark Brown calf leathers offered by Vass (see the Ultimate Vass Thread also). There are some options for a good medium brown calf, either from Zonta tannery (used by John Lobb and the likes), or through Du Puy (one of the most famous French tanneries, as you all will know). The quality of skin is important, so our final decision will be based on that, but the color should definitely be inbetween Antique Cognac and Dark Brown.

As an interest check, I would like to ask how many of you might be interested! It's only worthwile for us to order our own leather / set up a group MTO, if we can find at least 6 people.

The details would be:

• Our own medium/dark brown calf leather, where quality of skin is most important
  • Each participant will be able to choose his or her own model. We ask all participans not to go too crazy on the details, but of course welcome individualism
  • The GMTO would run for about 3-4 weeks, or until all 6 participants are found. Production time is approximately 8 weeks, but can take 10 as well.
  • Price starts at 550 EUR excl. VAT + the cost of the leather (an estimate would be a total of 600 EUR excl. VAT per pair of MTO Vass shoes, that is approximately 630 USD, but payment in EUR is preferred)
  • Shoe trees, bags and box are included, as is shipping to the EU and US. Shipping elsewhere will be extra

I look forward to your reactions / responses gentlemen!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, boots are an option as well. There is a price increase for that however, as with any regular MTO / RTW pair of boots. This is approximately 80 USD (75 EUR).

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in which shade of brown would be offered. Oak or Vintage Oak seems to be well sought.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@patliean1: I remember when I started as a proxy for Vass, I browsed through their old stock (this was about 5-6 years ago) and bought a most beautiful pair of Budapest Oxfords on the U last, in a warm shade of chocolate brown. At the time, it was what they called dark brown. It would be nice if we can find something close to that, I believe it came close to Edward Green Oak.

Oak calf by Edward Green:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member