• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am also curious about trying to order a suit. Sent them two messages, one through their website and one email, with no response. Anyone else find them unresponsive? Anyhow was trying to find out whether they deduct VAT for shipments to the US, and also wondering whether they'd consider mailing by Colissimo/La Poste instead of UPS (hoping to avoid paying brokerage fees).

tried IG? They got back to me quicker there

Cobra

Reaction score
I'm praying Husbands continues find its way into more stores. Since my other favorite suit and shirt maker Cobra S.C. went on hiatus with the pandemic, Husbands is the only brand I know of now that does a modern 70s style (if anyone has any other brands in mind I'd love to hear about them)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Model dependent before the more revive 60 stuff their trouser was definitely mainstream slim

'patanoster

Reaction score
I'm praying Husbands continues find its way into more stores. Since my other favorite suit and shirt maker Cobra S.C. went on hiatus with the pandemic, Husbands is the only brand I know of now that does a modern 70s style (if anyone has any other brands in mind I'd love to hear about them)
Do you know Factors? They are a bit more casual in style compared to Husbands, but do the 70s thing. They don’t come cheap mind.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
How slim the trousers are is completely model dependent, and sometimes even dependent on a case by case basis. I have 3 pairs of "Delon" style pants that all fit differently and have different features.

Because the size chart they provide doesn't say which model the measurements are from, the best bet is to email them and ask for specific measurements.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on this thread I went ahead and ordered this charcoal twill suit. Trousers are getting altered so I'll post photos when I get them back.

I sized up to a 38 from my usual 36R based on their size guide. I think that was the right call.

Quick impressions:
Jacket silhouette is very nice. The big (4.5") lapels are balanced by the structured shoulders and chest. Shoulders don't feel too narrow (bearing in mind that I did size up). Armholes are high. Length is a little longer than most of my RTW jackets but not strikingly so -- the length actually feels very balanced to me. The buttoning point is good; maybe a little higher than I'd usually pick but it works with the overall silhouette, I think. Trousers are true high rise (to my navel) and the legs are full enough to balance the jacket. They say that the hem width is 8.3"; I didn't measure them myself before dropping the trousers off but that seems about right.

Fabric is very good -- don't know enough about fabrics to be able to identify the mill (website just says "English"), but it feels like a good weight (my guess would be ~12 oz), heavier than much RTW nowadays. Nice drape and IMO a nice amount of roughness/texture to it.

Construction quality looks good to my untrained eye. Buttonholes are neatly made. The sleeves (or at least the sleeve lining) appear to have been attached by hand.

There are some quirks that are not mentioned on their website. First, the jacket cuffs are finished with working buttonholes. Fortunately my initial impression is that the sleeve length is good for me, but this may cause problems for others. Trousers have no rear pockets but fortunately that makes taking in the waist a little easier since despite what their website says, the trousers are not drop 8. Website says that 38 jacket comes with 30 trousers, but the trouser waist is easily 32-33 inches (again, did not measure but this is in comparison to my own waist).

Last edited:

SergioSP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone is interested i have a pair of black pinstripe pants in 46 and blue pinstripe db suit in 46 as well

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos of the suit mentioned above with white shirt + black grenadine tie + black chelsea boots.

It definitely feels structured.
The jacket is not long, though it is a little longer than most RTW jackets in a similar size nowadays (30" versus 29-29.5").
The sleeves are on the narrow side. They are just wide enough for my fairly skinny arms.
Trousers are a little fuller than typical nowadays; the drape is good and the trousers seem balanced with the jacket. They don't fit me perfectly in the seat but this is a problem that I have with most RTW trousers.

I like the silhouette but this model is definitely cut for slimmer folks (I am 5'10", 145 lb, 37" chest and this is a size 38).

Any comments/critiques are welcome.

Husbands front 2 chelsea.jpg

Husbands rear.jpg

Husbands side.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily